A&H

0-0

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
Level 4 Referee
87 games until I got my first goalless draw yesterday. Anyone beat that
Just shows (may @RefJef has some stats on this), but goals per game is inversely (but not linearly or directly) proportional to the standard of football

The Referee Store
I'm on 35 without a 0-0 so far, so I'll let you know in 2020. :p

Most common draw for me is 3-3.

Useless stats: 35 games, 107 home goals, 130 away goals. So, never a dull moment.

Edit: Oh, I've had a 1-1 in the 10th game... :D

I'm on 35 without a 0-0 so far, so I'll let you know in 2020. :p

Most common draw for me is 3-3.

Useless stats: 35 games, 107 home goals, 130 away goals. So, never a dull moment.

Edit: Oh, I've had a 1-1 in the 10th game... :D

34 for me with no 0-0, interesting to compare our stats as we're pretty level on games:

Useless stats: 34 games, 116 home goals, 61 away goals

My first game was a 1-1 draw :D

87 games until I got my first goalless draw yesterday. Anyone beat that
Just shows (may @RefJef has some stats on this), but goals per game is inversely (but not linearly or directly) proportional to the standard of football

Ha, I got my first 0-0 (as a middle) two weeks ago - I’m in my third season of officiating, reckon I’ve done about 130 middles. (I did get a 0-0 as an AR six months into my refereeing career)

Recently I’ve been considering a new metric to measure the standard of football:

Throw-ins.

I reckon the number of throw ins in a game is inversely proportional to the standard of football (i.e. the more throw ins in a game, the lower the standard.).

At the moment this is only a theory - I might see if I can get some data to support or disprove this theory. However, it may be that at the standard of football for which data is available the throw in theory isn’t useful

Anyway, if I discover anything, I’ll report back.

I reckon the number of throw ins in a game is inversely proportional to the standard of football (i.e. the more throw ins in a game, the lower the standard.).
I did a low division U9 full size field years ago with only two throw ins. Both in the second half. No fouls either. It was so distictive I still remember it. Like a school of fish which never stopped.

Last season I had an OA game with only one goal kick late in the second half.

I don't remember my 0-0 games but they are more often than yours.

I've been qualified for 5 years, done tons of games and never had a 0-0 either in the middle or on the line.

Closest I ever came was about 18 months in, I was on the line for a cup semi final. Terrible game, we got to the 89th minute and neither team had mustered a shot on target. Nailed on for ET. One of the team back passes to the GK, who tries to trap it and it goes under his foot and trickles over the line. 3 minutes added time and the game finishes 1-0.

Can't recall ever having come close since then....

Don't recall ANY in my career TBF, the defending was usually as bad as their vocabulary and law knowledge unfortunately!

Clearly, there's no such thing as home advantage in my county! :p:D

I started noticing that the sides that lost, 90% of the time another player took the goal kick. With two in the box, you've got all the forwards onside. I know it's usually because they can take a better goal kick, but I really wish the coaches would point it out as it's resulted in some pretty hefty one sided victories, the most recent being 14-0 and 16-0.

Blimey, 0-0 seems a very rare occurrence then
I'm off down the bookies to see if i can get 80/1 on a scoreless draw Derby v Forest tonight

Blimey, 0-0 seems a very rare occurrence then
I'm off down the bookies to see if i can get 80/1 on a scoreless draw Derby v Forest tonight
Lots of Cards please, we need a weaker 'Frank Lampard's Derby' next week! (A phrase that Sky have used 1000s of time this season!!)

Last edited:
On the flip side, what has been your game with the most action, goals and cards?

For me it was 11 goals, 5 cautions and 1 dismissal. Finished 6-5 after extra time.

On the flip side, what has been your game with the most action, goals and cards?

For me it was 11 goals, 5 cautions and 1 dismissal. Finished 6-5 after extra time.

Most action:

Blue vs Yellow - Score: 2-5 / 7 yellow cards, 3 reds, 1 misconduct, that's 18 "events".

Next closest is:

Yellow vs Whites - score 2-3 / 10 yellows, 2 reds for 17 events.

Both this season. I think the discipline officer knows when I've had a day off as he has less paperwork to process. :p

Reactions: JH

2 reds and 5 yellows (2 of resulting in the first red), all for the same team. Player also threatened me for about 30 seconds with his forehead against mine and then had to be restrained by his teams mates after he was dragged off me (all for show, he was like a little yappy dog, it was as funny as it was pathetic). To top it off the younger members of the team came to me in the car park and thanked me for doing something about the older lads (all in mid 30s) who "do this type of **** every week and get away with it". Game was completely even and mild mannered and then as soon as this team conceeded a goal they just lost it.

14 seasons refereeing and still not been involved in a 0-0.

Never had one as a player either. Mind you, the only reason I played for the 4th team was because they didn't have a 5th team!!

Back