A&H

“He need better glasses”

Wow - I didn't even think of this when I was reading it, but it has to be, yes.

What sub-category would it come under do you recon?
Follow the thread further . . . @one read the post about the comment being about an opponent, but the comment was actually about the referee, but made to a teammate (so that the R could hear). Dissent would be proper in OP if the R on that day believed it rose to the level of a caution.

Reactions: one
The Referee Store
Well if anything this thread has inspired me to go and check out contact lenses with specsavers :cool:

I am prescribed glasses for reading/watching TV, not regular day to day activities. Though I think I'd feel an awful lot more comfortable on the pitch with the aid.

At least I can tell the players I've already been to specsavers when told to go ;)
I've always worn glasses to referee (no choice) and very rarely get anything apart from the great wits in the crowd who tell me I need windscreen wipers when it's raining.

I have responded to comments on my ability to see incidents by asking players if they think I need a new prescription. Again, timing and tone is everything (and joking with players has fallen flat more than once).

Back