A&H

youth players names witheld online

Kent Ref

RefChat Addict
When i card a youth player i've always had full-time as a backup if i struggled with the spelling.

As of this season this is no longer an option as squads are no long named so i will have to either call the manager or hope i get inspiration from the drop-down menu on WGS.

Seems over the top to me. Why has this suddenly become an issue after over 10 years?

A&H International
I don't mind it, protects vulnerable children from potential abusers that they've escaped by moving away amongst other things. The drop down on WGS usually has all the same names anyway

It's just falling in line with everywhere else, really.

Unfortunately there are folks out there who will use this published information to locate people, including children, who are supposed to be safeguarded from them.

It's an additional administrative burden to hide those children who need additional protection and treats them differently to their peers so for inclusivity and reduced admin burden, and as a someone who as a child was under such protection measures I am fully supportive.

@Kent Ref why would you need to call a manager? Just take an extra couple of seconds during the procedure to confirm it, or do it before you leave. You really ought to have all that administrative stuff under control before you leave the venue. You've no guarantee you'll be able to communicate with anyone after the match.

It's just falling in line with everywhere else, really.

Unfortunately there are folks out there who will use this published information to locate people, including children, who are supposed to be safeguarded from them.

It's an additional administrative burden to hide those children who need additional protection and treats them differently to their peers so for inclusivity and reduced admin burden, and as a someone who as a child was under such protection measures I am fully supportive.

@Kent Ref why would you need to call a manager? Just take an extra couple of seconds during the procedure to confirm it, or do it before you leave. You really ought to have all that administrative stuff under control before you leave the venue. You've no guarantee you'll be able to communicate with anyone after the match.
I find writing with a pencil hard and im a messy writer already!

This was my backup option which was very helpful.

You should never be leaving a venue without knowing the exact name of who you cautioned, understand the difficulty with writing and reading it back after, I'm the same myself, but just check with someone from the team before you leave. Only needs there to be two similarly sounding names, like McGinn and McGann as an example, and you are snookered.

I'm kind of also struggling how it is any more difficult now, given that the names on FT would be the same names as on WGS? Or do you mean it narrows the guesswork down as you can see who actually played as opposed to who is registered?

You should never be leaving a venue without knowing the exact name of who you cautioned, understand the difficulty with writing and reading it back after, I'm the same myself, but just check with someone from the team before you leave. Only needs there to be two similarly sounding names, like McGinn and McGann as an example, and you are snookered.

I'm kind of also struggling how it is any more difficult now, given that the names on FT would be the same names as on WGS? Or do you mean it narrows the guesswork down as you can see who actually played as opposed to who is registered?
I noticed last year there could be significant discrepancies with youth squads as listed on FT v WGS. Squad sizes on WGS are often 40 or 50, with various iterations of the same player!

I noticed last year there could be significant discrepancies with youth squads as listed on FT v WGS. Squad sizes on WGS are often 40 or 50, with various iterations of the same player!
I had the same issue last season, the same player appeared on WGS 4 times, each with a different spelling to the one I was given. FT made it a bit easier, although I’m all for the no name approach for the safeguarding reasons.

Same for adult, but if you select the wrong Adam Jones from a list of 3 that isn't your problem. If you chose James Bryson instead of James Dyson then that is your problem.

Had one recently where it was a team with a lot of players with names that I haven't come across before and they had thick accents (probably put on extra thick to make my life hard). I must have asked them to repeat it about 4/5 times each time and they were deliberately making out I was incompetent. Not quite dissent, but not a million miles off.

So just submitted it off to wholegame with the spelling I think they gave me and I never heard back. So great success.

This morning I had an U16 match with a caution, I got the name and checked the spelling with the manager afterwards as I was aware of the lack of names on fulltime. When I did my report on the Full-Time Admin site, there is a team sheet on there with all the players on it. I don't know how many others do their admin on that site but it's a handy fall back if you mess up the spelling.

Back