A&H

Yellow Card?

boulderdomb

Two points, 1) should handball been second yellow or red card? 2) Why wasn't first challenge red card?

Can someone please explain why a red/yellow card wasn't awarded for this deliberate hand ball? Initially the referee allows the goal before the linesman informs him deliberate hand ball (probably got to question why he didn't see this in the first place as he has a direct line of site)

This was the challenge which I believe should have been a red, what do you think?

The Referee Store
Should have been a second caution and off.

For the first one then I'd say definite red, but the referee was a long way from play and probably didn't have a great angle on it.

For the tackle, I can see the argument for YC in that the contact is made with the boot (and then bounces up a bit as the tackled player falls, and the boot seems to strike a second time on the leg, but with far less force than on the boot).

Typically, cleat->foot tackles are expected to be sanctioned with a caution unless the force is seriously excessive.

For the handling? Definitely should've been a (second) caution, and I suspect that because it would've been the second, the referee hesitated (that, and I don't think that the referee ever saw it and went with the say-so of his AR or 4O on the play). And (despite it being proper in this case), it's tough to send someone off for something you haven't seen.

I'm not sure about the first tackle being red. Yes I see the studs but is it excessive force, no control etc or is it that the foot pushed up as @AlexF says. And anyway as @RustyRef said no ref is going to catch a taxi to get to the foul and then produce a red. Yellow for me.

Handball goal is a shocker. Defo yellow. Bye. Disappointing the ref didn't see that and deal with it decisively.

Nasty tackle, red all day long, thats an ankle breaker....those seeing yellow need to give their glasses a wipe!!!

The DHB is a clear yellow so bye bye as others have correctly said...

It does beg the question of what on earth the referee is doing. If you look at the image below taken at the time of the challenge, he is nowhere to be seen and is off to the bottom left hand corner. He really should be somewhere close to the area I've marked on the image, I just cannot comprehend how a top level referee is so badly out of position.

2ms3sjm.jpg

Thanks everyone, I just couldn't understand why the player hadn't been sent off in any offence the whole 60 minutes he played before being sub'd off (when the midfielder beside him was red carded).

I've started trying to say what action I'd take while watching football now and I refused to accept I was wrong for red card for the challenge and second yellow for deliberate hand ball (assuming I hadn't already sent him off for challenge).

Back