A&H

WSL again

It's also 3 weeks of not being able to enjoy what you do. To think of it as a holiday, is wrong IMO. Thinking about how after a couple of postponements I am chomping at the bit to get back.
I suppose she could. Still pick up local games???
Depends on a lot of factors really. PL referees tend to get temporarily "demoted" for significant errors, so will generally still referee in that time, just for Championship or L1/2 games. But I think a huge part of why that's done is because the PGMOL have an obligation to supply SG1 referees for a certain proportion of lower league games each season - by using it as a punishment, they kill two birds with one stone, while also not having to pay them the fixed salary to do nothing (3 birds?).

But, at grassroots level, I think you could expect this kind of error to result in a full suspension from refereeing for that time. Without knowing more about how referees are arrange for top level women's matches, I don't know where on that scale this would fall.

The Referee Store
Anybody allowing the free kick to be taken quickly?
Just to expand on this
If the intended caution is for SPA, the quick FK creates a better SPA, so it's in the interests of the attacking team to allow the better SPA and forget the caution. If it's for Reckless Play, do the same and come back to the caution when the ball goes out of play
Either way, I'd expect grief if I denied this very promising attack from the quick FK, as the attacking team should not be disadvantaged
It's a poor show all round (including the ARs)

Just to expand on this
If the intended caution is for SPA, the quick FK creates a better SPA, so it's in the interests of the attacking team to allow the better SPA and forget the caution. If it's for Reckless Play, do the same and come back to the caution when the ball goes out of play
Either way, I'd expect grief if I denied this very promising attack from the quick FK, as the attacking team should not be disadvantaged
It's a poor show all round (including the ARs)
I like an advantage more than most on here, but I think you're massively overstating how good that opportunity is. Yes, she's technically behind the defence, but she's out wide with a lot still to do and the full back isn't exactly miles behind.

Even for just a yellow card I think this is a coin toss at best. If you think you're about to show a second yellow, the resulting red card and FK is clearly the better choice IMO.

It's also 3 weeks of not being able to enjoy what you do. To think of it as a holiday, is wrong IMO. Thinking about how after a couple of postponements I am chomping at the bit to get back.
I suppose she could. Still pick up local games???

Pretty sure if you pick up a suspension due to failing to proficiently applying the laws of the game that applies to all refereeing, including local league games.

Men's game you might miss 5 or 6 games in a 3 week period. In WSL I'd be surprised if she misses 2.

Just to expand on this
It's a poor show all round (including

Men's game you might miss 5 or 6 games in a 3 week period. In WSL I'd be surprised if she misses 2.
but as Rusty says I doubt there are many officials that only operate on that league, due to the relatively small number of games - only 12 teams in that league.

Ah just noticed who she is.
If she get a proper "holiday" I'll donate £20 to SRtRC.
Can't go upsetting the FA's golden boy after all.

Back