A&H

Write-on Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonkers16

I've seen through the forums, many people talk about their accessories and the match pad and wallet that they use. Most people seem to use the classic wallet and paper pad from what I have seen. I wondered what people's thoughts were on cards that you can write on? I have a set that I use with a small clip on pencil and just erase the details after the match. If it's a match where I feel I may need to keep the details from the game for a while, I'll take a picture of it and keep it for reference.
Here is a picture of the cards that I have. I absolutely love them! They are laminated and the front is a matte finish. I could do without the soccer ball image on the cards but it really doesn't get in the way of being able to read what you have written as the laminate is of excellent quality. They truly are waterproof as they've been used in the rain as well as washed a few times!

Attachments

• Cards.jpg
    Cards.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 84
The Referee Store
There is a Canadian shop in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada called Hey Ref. They are also an online shop www.heyref.ca
I purchased the cards from there. I'm not sure if they deliver outside of Canada or not; but if interested, I could surely post a pair out to you. You can send me a message for further details. I believe they are about $18 CAD - these would probably be around 8£.
Alternatively, you could probably make a pair if you had access to a good laminator!

What do they wash off/rub out with ?

These look really good, id be interested in getting these but looks like dont post to UK

Last edited:
I made my own using clear inkjet labels which I got from Staples, as follows.

https://www.staples.co.uk/transpare...ind_Number=297891780&m=0&isSubscription=False

I printed my design on the sheets, then stuck it onto a yellow card. I then stuck a second clear label on top of this and trimmed to fit.
There is a receptive layer on the label, which needs to be removed. To do this spray it with deodorant and wipe off with a paper towel. The label is shiny, with a matt receptive layer on top, so when the whole card is shiny the layer has been completely removed. If you don't remove this layer then it's harder to take the names off after the game.

You can then write on the card with a sharpie and remove it with deodorant after the game. It doesn't run in your pocket so it's looking pretty good so far. I've only used them for a couple of games but no issues so far.

I scanned a whole match record card from my wallet and printed that with one team on each side, so I copy players' names - not just numbers - from the team sheet before the game.

It's a bit more work than buying them online but no real hassle and I got enough labels to print out a load of cards, so if (when!) I lose one it's not an issue.

https://www.staples.co.uk/transpare...ind_Number=297891780&m=0&isSubscription=False

I printed my design on the sheets, then stuck it onto a yellow card. I then stuck a second clear label on top of this and trimmed to fit.
There is a receptive layer on the label, which needs to be removed. To do this spray it with deodorant and wipe off with a paper towel. The label is shiny, with a matt receptive layer on top, so when the whole card is shiny the layer has been completely removed. If you don't remove this layer then it's harder to take the names off after the game.

You can then write on the card with a sharpie and remove it with deodorant after the game. It doesn't run in your pocket so it's looking pretty good so far. I've only used them for a couple of games but no issues so far.

I scanned a whole match record card from my wallet and printed that with one team on each side, so I copy players' names - not just numbers - from the team sheet before the game.

It's a bit more work than buying them online but no real hassle and I got enough labels to print out a load of cards, so if (when!) I lose one it's not an issue.
Sounds like Dragons Den potential

Very nice idea and I'm happy they are working well for you! I looked at your link and the cost and for me, I'd prefer to buy my own - just because I haven't lost any of my cards in the 20 years I've been refereeing, so it's not cost effective for me. If you do lose cards though, I can certainly see why this option, while slightly more expensive at first could save you a bundle in the long run! Plus I always have my last resort backup in a worst case scenario - a yellow whistle and a red whistle LOL (have never had to resort to that though)!

Tonkers, its saying email address they give isn't recognized, could you find out (im thinking you live in Canada) to see if they post to UK

Sure, I'll check later when they open up. I'm a few hours ahead of them as far as time zones go.

In the mean time, I got a rough estimate from Canada Post as to how much it would cost to ship them to the UK. Canada Post is pretty insane when it comes to cost of shipping (prices range from $2.88 CAD (£1.70) up to $84 CAD (£49.30). The cheapest option offers no tracking options at all. If you wanted that, minimum is $23 CAD. According to their website - delivery standard for Canada to an international destination is 4-7 business days.

Attachments

• Posting Letter.jpg
    Posting Letter.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 15
There is a US company that makes them also. I had almost ordered from them last year but had the opportunity to physically see the ones in the post above and liked the matte finish on the side you write on. I did a quick look and for those in the UK right now, the company that I believe spuddy1878 is referring to is offering free international shipping for a limited time. Keep in mind that those are US dollars which is more expensive than CAD, but then again, you also don't have to pay for shipping. I still think that the value with getting 4 cards and the clip on pencils is better bang for your buck, but the www.writeoncards.com also has some features that you can personalize. Both great options!

Heres ones form the R.A

Attachments

• IMG_20180921_214840.jpg
    IMG_20180921_214840.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20180921_214831.jpg
    IMG_20180921_214831.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20180921_214851.jpg
    IMG_20180921_214851.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
Anyone know what sort of pens I can use to write on my actual cards without a skin. I ordered some card skins, but won’t come until next week and I’m concerned about my County Cup game tomorrow which hopefully won’t get ruined by the weather...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back