A&H

Wrexham vs Wealdstone

The Referee Store
Oh dear. Unless there is a touch off someone that you can't see on the video, and it doesn't like there is, the referee is going to be in big trouble with his observation. Arguably the other officials as well as someone should be seeing that.

Interesting that none of the conceding team say anything about it.

Oh dear. Unless there is a touch off someone that you can't see on the video, and it doesn't like there is, the referee is going to be in big trouble with his observation. Arguably the other officials as well as someone should be seeing that.

Thats def one for the officiating team yes. Ideally the ref, but, one of the others must at least give input

Like the referee and other officials it seems they didnt notice it either, or didnt know the law

It DID go close to a few players on the way out, maybe got a touch - he says being charitable.

Sure I wouldn't have picked it up.......I will now!

Had it once in 20 years, from a corner. I was impressed that when I gave a fk, the manager knew why - the players (U15s I think) didn't!

It DID go close to a few players on the way out, maybe got a touch - he says being charitable.

Sure I wouldn't have picked it up.......I will now!

Had it once in 20 years, from a corner. I was impressed that when I gave a fk, the manager knew why - the players (U15s I think) didn't!

I have a clip of a international pk
which despite a desperate dive by the gk hit the post, and kicker scored the rebound....

I have a clip of a international pk
which despite a desperate dive by the gk hit the post, and kicker scored the rebound....
I HAVE seen that before and fk correctly given at the top level.

That's just poor as well known law and not THAT unusual.

The fact that the Wealdstone manager barely mentions it and only berates the referee about his player getting sent off for two cautions and the Wrexham left back committing 7 fouls without so much as a card. And the 6 minutes of added time. There’s no Twitter storm in teacup faux outage so I feel safe in suggesting there was a clear touch of the ball to all concerned before the free kick taker had his second touch.

I had to google this as the vid is blocked for me. The issue however is at 88th minute.

Does anyone also think the caution for handball for the free kick was unwarranted?

I sure wouldn’t be giving that caution (I can’t see the HB on this replay, though I’m not necessarily doubting it). I was amused by the defender signaling for VAR . . .

on the second touch, it guess there is a benefit of the doubt issue here. I think to call the offense you have to be sure it wasn’t touched. In real time, I don’t know how either the R or AR could be sure it hadn’t been touched the way that ball came through—but VAR would seem to have that ability

Back