A&H

WORST REFEREE ON THE PLANET?

The Referee Store
I am being serious. Tit for tat, like for like, no way condoning it but even the coaches prefer it to school boy lectures and being sent away from park with game held up in pissing rain with players begging you to just get on with the game
What would the complaint be?

Coach, "ff ffffffff ffffff ffff fffffffffff ffff fffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffff"
Ref "mate, STFU"
Coach " you cant say that to me! """....

horses for courses.
I don't personally, but I know a lot of referees that just tell the coaches to shut up when they are the senior AR. Works better for some coaches than any polite response, it's all they can understand!

Swearing at or whilst you speak to players on the field could work out okay ..............right up until the point where you have to send somebody off for OFFINABUS!!! :rolleyes:
Who's to say they wouldn't appeal it on the grounds of "well why is it okay for the ref to swear at me then?". Ably witnessed and supported by his team mates at the hearing who all heard you telling No 5 to "STFU". You as the referee would be on a hiding to nothing in the eyes of the panel. ;)

Only saying mind .... :)

Swearing at or whilst you speak to players on the field could work out okay ..............right up until the point where you have to send somebody off for OFFINABUS!!! :rolleyes:
Who's to say they wouldn't appeal it on the grounds of "well why is it okay for the ref to swear at me then?". Ably witnessed and supported by his team mates at the hearing who all heard you telling No 5 to "STFU". You as the referee would be on a hiding to nothing in the eyes of the panel. ;)

I think thats the key, in the right circumstances, am going to allow STFU said to me,
Another poster has nail on head, I wont direct personal abuse, no way, but, a, look, do me a favour and STFU delivered at right time, place and intention could work better than ***** footing around with weak warnings

It's dangerous ground swearing at players, as I found once, nearly to the detriment of my front teeth!! Luckily, my legs worked faster than his fist!!!

It truly is the wild wild west and if not giving a penalty kick for the team leading in a blow out game, if not giving it in a blow out game in a fairl hostile environment. Oh and let me tell you my security. Two hawaiian ladies and one round parks worker. I would run the scenario the same each tiime. Waive the PK, get out of there with my head still intact with the least amount of insults. Needless to say this was one ugly scene. Mahalo

Swearing with players is fine, swearing at them is very different, and telling them to STFU or anything similar is way out of line. We are supposed to be above the law, and if reported by the club for this, charged and found guilty you would get a much longer ban than a player would get for saying the same to you. Same as if a police office was found guilty of saying that to a member of the public - that member of the public would probably get arrested and get a caution, the officer might well lose his job.

I'm afraid I can't help swearing when communicating with players occasionally. I try but it's just the way I am, we're all products of our environment! Swearing at a player though, never! in the same way that I'd never swear directly at an employee etc. I understand the point regarding talking to them in a language they understand, but the potential consequences aren't worth the gamble and I wouldn't want to give a player any ammunition to fire back at me in the event of an appeal for a card or misconduct report.

My brother referes the booze league in the mainland where drinking is encouraged. Im assuming there is quite a few swear words haha. He also told me they somehow pull it off with only a few incidents. It also pays the most. The mens league that folded due to dissent was fairly mouthy but I have never sworn at a player even after being called a Nazi one fine afternoon. Ejection of course. Aloha

How about a refchat organised holiday to this lovely island where we can appear as guest referees on the rock

Not for me, there are murders every week when ever you see it on TV! 📺 👮🏼‍♂️... Do the refsecs Book Em Danno! 👍

Completely understand your point, but there's nothing to stop players doing that whether you've sworn at them or not.

Reactions: Kes
Back