A&H

World Cup Final Appointment

The Referee Store
No Rochi not for quaters or semi or anything damn I’m surprised.

As for me in 2022 I’m busy, it’ll be a non human appointment by then anyway, refereeing will be conducted through an iPad & Segway robot 🤖 bombing it around the pitch.

Mintoire was willing to travel on his Oyster Card to run a line but apparently he was not let through security on quarantine rules! Old dogs aren’t allowed in Russia! :redcard:

I had expected those but the other way round, with the Iranian getting the Final. Mainly because of FIFA's weird way of spreading the games to referees from other parts of the world, and then it would have been a first. I agree about Pitana, think there are better refs, but it was unlikely to have been a European given that the last 4 teams were from Europe.
Pitana also did the French quarter final v Uruguay, maybe he is on their pay roll!!!!!!!

Sad, to me, that Faghani didn't get the final. He was the most consistently excellent throughout the tournament. Admittedly, Pitana seems to be more of what they are looking for-- the size, the demeanor etc. Either one is a good shout, but I would have liked to see Faghani as I thought he was excellent.

Surprise appointment indeed. Guy was great in the first game, I liked his prescence and style and conviction, not convinced he is so outstanding that he deserves the opening and closing game though.
Kuipers good choicd though, he looks and comes across as a totally decent guy.

I can see this game going one of two ways.

3-0 France no drama easy days work for al Capone

Or VAR / controversy in the game & ref has a nightmare

Back