A&H

Whistles

Ryan Owens

Token Colonial
Level 3 Referee
What is a ref without his whistle? I'm just wondering what your favorite whistle is.

I'm currently aiming to get three new whistles: the Acme T2000 (same as is used in FIFA International matces), the Acme Cyclone 888, and the Valkeen whistle. Wondering if anyone has used any of these before and whether or not they are good whistles worth the cost.

The Referee Store
I think some of them do, but others don't. Either way, on a pitch with no or minimal spectators, I don't suspect you absolutely need the loudest one on the market.

I have the ACME Tornado T2000, the ACME Tornado and a Fox40 Classic. Plenty loud enough, all three.

I use the Fox40 as my 'standard', it allows varied tones very well.
The T2000 if it's likely to be a feisty match.
The Tornado for juniors and ladies games, as it's not quite as 'harsh' as the other two.

That's £40 (approximately) for a whistle!! NEVER !!

I use the ACNE tornado and red FOX 40.

I like them both

Why have tornado when u can have fox 40 does same job and then put sonik blast on for defining blows for punch ups

I have got a sonic blast and I'm actually not terribly keen on it. I find the amount of air that you have to push through it to make a good, loud blast is more than with the classic or the sharx and so it is a bit of a challenge to get the whole full time whistle out. Matty, I would be glad to send one to you depending on the cost involved. If it is a prohibitive cost, then maybe you can pick up the tab for shipping and handling?

Nevermind on that, Matty. It's going to end up costing you 42 CAD at a minimum. Not sure that's worth it.

Don't worry guys, I appreciate the offers - a whistle is a whistle and as long as I can be heard I'm happy. I just like the look of the Sonic and think it would sit nice in the hand.

Back