A&H

Where to start?

It's easy, say what you see, and then get your lah, lah, lah, ears on and walk to your next position!
This would be good advice to an an experienced referee who knows the time and place for lah,lah,lah ears. For a new referee it could easily lead to escalation of dissent and loss of match control.

I hardly ever ignore visible dissent. Responses can vary from anything like a death stare, a finger point, quite warning on the run, loud "cut it out" on the run, good use of whistle, public bullocking, getting the captain/senior helpful player involved, cautioning, or a combination of above (or a few other good responses I can't think of right now).

The Referee Store
This would be good advice to an an experienced referee who knows the time and place for lah,lah,lah ears. For a new referee it could easily lead to escalation of dissent and loss of match control.

I hardly ever ignore visible dissent. Responses can vary from anything like a death stare, a finger point, quite warning on the run, loud "cut it out" on the run, good use of whistle, public bullocking, getting the captain/senior helpful player involved, cautioning, or a combination of above (or a few other good responses I can't think of right now).
Yeh, them too!!! :smoke:

Back