A&H

Where to Stand ??

I was referring to grounds (such as football league grounds) which have stands on all four sides, not pitches with RESPECT barriers.
Indeed - doesn't need to even be a particularly high level.

I refereed an U15 game in a Respect league on this pitch a few weeks ago. As you can see, not only is there a barrier behind the goal, there is a stand!
Should I let spectators stand behind the barrier behind the goal? Should I let them sit in the stand? Should I let them sit in another stand behind the dugouts and therefore on the same side as the coaches?
upload_2016-2-23_16-18-42.jpeg

The Referee Store
I'm not sure if that's in reference to my post where I talk about designated spectator areas behind the goals but if it is, I was referring to grounds (such as football league grounds) which have stands on all four sides, not pitches with RESPECT barriers.

It wasn't actually Peter. :)

I was merely making the point that if grass roots clubs (in particular youth teams) did what they were required to do by the RESPECT campaign and put up the tape/cordon for the spectator area, then it would make it easier to point out to parents such as this guy, that standing behind the goal (where the tape normally isn't) was not the done thing to do. :cool:

Back