A&H

What would you do?

JakeRef

Le meilleur arbitre jamais!
Level 4 Referee
3380.jpg

Found this, there are others. I'd like to see what the majority of you lot would do...

(Move this if its the wrong place for it :p )

The Referee Store
1) Depends if the ball was already out of play when the defender's momentum takes out the opponent. If it was, restart with a throw-in. If it wasn't, free kick. Call on treatment for the player, any treatment for the manager doesn't need the game stopped for it. As for the assistant manager, either he makes a sub or he doesn't, it really doesn't matter to me - the game's going to carry on regardless.

2) If you think he's deliberately kicked it at the AR, red card + throw in to opponents. If you think it was accidental, throw in to the opponents.

3) It depends whether you deem the extra ball to be interfering with play. One of those 'you have to be there' scenarios.

A 'clean tackle' which has the momentum to take out an opponent and a man standing at least 1m away from the field of play is NOT a fair tackle IMO - indeed it sounds as if it could be reckless.

A 'clean tackle' which has the momentum to take out an opponent and a man standing at least 1m away from the field of play is NOT a fair tackle IMO - indeed it sounds as if it could be reckless.

A clean tackle implies it is also a fair tackle......

But if you are going down that route then it has to be excessive force....by your logic.

But if you are going down that route then it has to be excessive force....by your logic.
Ah of course - all or nothing, black or white. How could I have expected any other answer from you Padfoot?! :rolleyes:

Reactions: DB
1) Depends if the ball was already out of play when the defender's momentum takes out the opponent. If it was, restart with a throw-in. If it wasn't, free kick. Call on treatment for the player, any treatment for the manager doesn't need the game stopped for it. As for the assistant manager, either he makes a sub or he doesn't, it really doesn't matter to me - the game's going to carry on regardless.

2) If you think he's deliberately kicked it at the AR, red card + throw in to opponents. If you think it was accidental, throw in to the opponents.

3) It depends whether you deem the extra ball to be interfering with play. One of those 'you have to be there' scenarios.
They are all, as Hackett's columns always are, "You had to be there" scenarios.

Damn this staff panel - need to get used it. Almost clicked 'delete' instead of like. :eek: Report and Reply look similar when you glance quickly, and like is always 2 to the left! I need :drink:

The manager is allowed to come up to the touch line, don't forget. So they could have been close to each other. But yes, your point is still valid - if we're talking some distance between them then it's suggesting the slide was 'through' the winger. Worth raising that point. But, let's stick with the idea of it being 'clean'

1) Match continues unless competition rules require certain personnel to be on the bench. LOTG don't require bench staff

2) Red card for VC obvious. And abandon the match :devil: (just teasing, let's not start that!)

3) Not going to stop play just because he stopped to look at the ball.

Back