A&H

Junior/Youth What was right choice?

All my kit is Nike though so I have to follow suit :/

The Referee Store
years ago i was doing an under 7. 7.a side game, dropped ball for some reason, dont remember why, two players ok guys the ball has to hit the ground before you kick it, ok ref. 10 attempts before they got it right lol

years ago i was doing an under 7. 7.a side game, dropped ball for some reason, dont remember why, two players ok guys the ball has to hit the ground before you kick it, ok ref. 10 attempts before they got it right lol

Brings back memories. I ended up dropping it behind me! Also had one game where I bent down to pick up the coin and so did both captains - all 3 of us needed treatment after knocking noggins on each other!

Easiest way is just drop the ball from about 6 inches above the ground :p

I had to give a contested dropped ball yesterday, the first for some time. I was fairly sure the ball from the adjacent pitch had struck our ball while it was very close to the touchline. Weirdly, everyone else seemed to miss it, but I felt the interference was, in any event, sufficient to stop play. Sportingly, the U14 away captain offered to pass it back to the home keeper, but given that this was a cause so out of the blue, I decided to call over two players. Finding a sensible position from which to drop the ball was quite difficult in this situation, but one attempt turned out to be enough.

Well, if it contacts the ball then you don't need to judge whether there was 'much' interference. That has to be a stoppage.
If the player offered to pass it back ,why did you override him and force a competitive drop ball? Not your concern if 1 player or 20 attend the drop ball - if he says he'll send it back and the other team stand back, then drop it and ensure he follows through (if he doesn't and it was deception, it's a caution for USB and a retake). Even if you think it should be a competitive restart and the players accept a 'return', just let it be. Keep it calm and simple.

What do you mean by 'finding a sensible position from which to drop the ball?'

Back