A&H

What happened there?

micky2001

Last night had a game and had a strange "episode" during the game. I remember that I allowed a sub to the green team on my right and noted it in my book then turned to my left to restart play from a throw in and that's all I remember. I don't know how long I couldn't see/hear anything (I hope is was only a few seconds rather than minutes) but the next thing I know there is a bit of shouting for a corner but I give goal kick - at the end of the day, I had to give something.

From discussions with both teams after the match, I really think I made the wrong decision but I don't know what caused me to "black out." Someone I know suggested low blood pressure but wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

The Referee Store
Maybe you'd be better off asking a medical professional rather than a refereeing forum?

Of course, you might get lucky.......
Yeah, got an doctor appointment for Wednesday but was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience :)

Going to A+e yesterday would have been the way to go! Never be too careful. Failing that, doctors today just to get the all clear.

I had something like this happen to me earlier in the year. Suggestions from doctors at the time were; mini stroke (now discounted - thank all that is holy), migraine, blood pressure, low blood sugar, dehydration or lots of other things in between. Truth is that even though I went to a+e straight after my event, they still didn't know what happened.

Still it's better to be safe than sorry.

Back