A&H

What do you wear.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
First impression makes an ever lasting impression. Referees sometimes don't think about this and it causes problems. Twice now I've been observing referees when a team from London has played away in Bedfordshire. The officials were from London, and at least one of them had a London FA tie on before the game and a London FA badge on during the game. That is crazy and just draws comments, on both occasions I overhead comments about how the officials were siding with the away team, including comments in the boardroom. They weren't, but it is the impression that is portrayed.

First impression makes an ever lasting impression. Referees sometimes don't think about this and it causes problems. Twice now I've been observing referees when a team from London has played away in Bedfordshire. The officials were from London, and at least one of them had a London FA tie on before the game and a London FA badge on during the game. That is crazy and just draws comments, on both occasions I overhead comments about how the officials were siding with the away team, including comments in the boardroom. They weren't, but it is the impression that is portrayed.

Perversely, if they'd of turned up in jeans and a tee shirt all this tie malarkey wouldn't have soured the game as it did!! :rolleyes:

Perversely, if they'd of turned up in jeans and a tee shirt all this tie malarkey wouldn't have soured the game as it did!! :rolleyes:

At least one of them would still have had an LFA badge on when they were on the pitch. But I agree, the requirement to wear a tie to a football game dates back to the dark ages. I've said this before, but when I started at my current company 15 years ago I had to wear a suit, shirt and tie every day, especially if I was going anywhere near the trading floor. Whereas now I wear trainers, jeans and a t-shirt every day, as do the traders. Society has changed, but football and refereeing hasn't changed with it.

At least one of them would still have had an LFA badge on when they were on the pitch. But I agree, the requirement to wear a tie to a football game dates back to the dark ages. I've said this before, but when I started at my current company 15 years ago I had to wear a suit, shirt and tie every day, especially if I was going anywhere near the trading floor. Whereas now I wear trainers, jeans and a t-shirt every day, as do the traders. Society has changed, but football and refereeing hasn't changed with it.
Wow... should those Referees have worn all LFA badges presuming that they were all LFA offcials? Or just wear their Black F.A badge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back