A&H

What do you say to the captains?

I used to know a guy (who I ran the line for a few times) that would say.

Right this is my team and we have already won you two teams are playing for second place. I don't want any dissent or you will go in the book and if you swear you are going for an early bath.

I'm in charge do not question me or my assistants I will not tolerate it at all.

Lets play.

Every time I was with him he booked at least 6 and always had a few reds. I would not recommend using his method

The Referee Store
Right this is my team and we have already won you two teams are playing for second place. I don't want any dissent or you will go in the book and if you swear you are going for an early bath.

I'm in charge do not question me or my assistants I will not tolerate it at all. Lets play.

:') Highly amusing but how utterly AWFUL. I can't imagine the look of horror I'd probably give the captains if I was introduced like that on the line.

Mine is

Morning fellas/ladies (shake hands) play to my whistle at all times, once my decision is made it won't be changed so please remind your players of this.

Also I don't want to be doing caution and misconduct forms on my Sunday evening so control your players at all times.

Home team to call heads or tails. (I've always done it that way)

Mine has developed. This evenings match had something along the lines of: :)

Rights gents, I am here to enjoy a game of football this evening, just like you guys. It is important that you help me enjoy todays game which you can do by maintaining discipline and a good level of sportsmanship within your teams. You do this, I get to keep my cards in my pocket and you get to go home not worrying about fines. Please prioritise my enjoyment of the game! I don't know if I have mentioned this, but this game is really only for my enjoyment!

Right, away team captain, you get to call....

I was just feeling playful this evening. Got a laugh, no cards needed. Everyone goes home happy.

I always end with that Supermonkey, lets remember we are all here to enjoy this today and that includes me!! I think alot of players dont actually realise that we enjoy what we do!!

Back