• The fa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norfolk

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Ryan

THE REF
Level 7 Referee
i am ordering my long sleeve umbro diamond kit this evening but i am not sure which badge to get on it my county Norfolk or the fa. i am a level 9 any advice please?

The Referee Store
I would say either, but not both on the same shirt.

As time goes on if you are fortunate enough to get a national FA appointment (FA Youth Cup, Ladies FA Cup, FA Cup, FA Vase) then you are expected to wear the county badge.

The FA badge can be worn for other competitions.

I've been thinking while typing this, and would actually suggest the county badge for the reasons above, but also because IMO an embroidered county badge often looks better than a sew-on badge. It's certainly that way down here. If you get a second shirt, then either have that embroidered or use the sew-on FA badge which looks better than the county version in that form.

I did the same when I ordered mine from A+H (they really are quite good). I went for county on the basis that I was representing my local FA rather than the national FA when I officiated at local matches. However, I don't really think it makes a difference. I suppose it would also depend on what your county badge looked like.

The only time an FA badge (FAMOA) is expected, is once you are an FA official, ie a level 4 officiating on Contrib.

I personally think you should get County as there is no fixture you will do that wouldn't allow you to wear it and I'm sure in a few years, as and when you get L4, you'll buy a new shirt!

Agree with Dan! You want the County badge if you're going for an embroiled shirt.

Personally though, I go for a plan shirt. I have a bit of velcro for where the badge should go, and as I operate on a supply league with it's own badge (and a requirement is that you must wear it), I either put the supply league badge on, otherwise, my county badge goes on.

ordered the long sleeve umbro diamond kit with the Norfolk badge :) thanks for your help guys

Back