A&H

Junior/Youth What an absolute numpty

HarryD

Todays game, U18 Orange vs Blue. Towards the end of the first half, cautioned the orange keeper for a challenge which resulted in a penalty. No complaints anywhere (for once!!) 20 seconds into the second half, I give a free kick to blues about 20 yards out. Goalmouth scramble. The ball got cleared with the blues claiming it went in. I shouted play on and the orange keeper shouted 'ref are you f*cking blind?' Apparently he was pushed when he just fell over (I had a great view) cue 2nd yellow and red. Cheerio! What a doughnut he was/is.

The Referee Store
You'd like to think that this red card will make him think twice next time, but experience would suggest he will be a number throughout his time as a player.

2nd yellow? really? what for?

"ref are you f*cking blind?" is a straight red, (followed by "Nope, I can see it's red." ) Unless some part of this is not Offensive, Insulting or Abusive. Ticks all three for me.

YC without the f*cking maybe for dissent.

2nd yellow? really? what for?

"ref are you f*cking blind?" is a straight red, (followed by "Nope, I can see it's red." ) Unless some part of this is not Offensive, Insulting or Abusive. Ticks all three for me.

YC without the f*cking maybe for dissent.

And that's the big issue; what's dissent to one is OFFINABUS to another. It's so subjective.

Ah yes the age old debate - where does the line between dissent and offinabus lie. You're ****kng blind - last time I heard it earned a caution for dissent and "I might be ****ing blind, but I am not ****ing deaf"

I would say a bit soft for offinabus, but I can understand refs who red for it.

On a plus point for Harry with the keeper already on a yellow he should have watched his tongue.

Back