A&H

Wet conditions

Redref34

Level 5 Referee
Hi all

What’s people’s go to in soaking wet conditions in terms of equipment?

Last season I had a laminated ref sheet and sharpie and write on cards and ref six.. all of these failed to work due to the driving rain. I literally had to keep the cautions in my head (not ideal obviously)

Anyone got any failsafe methods? Old school wallet and cards work?

A&H International
Any recommendations?
Amazon should have a variety of options. Pens may be called space pens. With the waterproof paper and accompanying pen, you can literally write completely under water. Of course, here in Southern California, we very rarely p,ay I. Rain, so I’ve only used mine a couple of times since I got thr. After being completely drenched in one game.

Amazon should have a variety of options. Pens may be called space pens. With the waterproof paper and accompanying pen, you can literally write completely under water. Of course, here in Southern California, we very rarely p,ay I. Rain, so I’ve only used mine a couple of times since I got thr. After being completely drenched in one game.
Did you type some of this on your phone in the rain? 😂😂

Hi all

What’s people’s go to in soaking wet conditions in terms of equipment?

Last season I had a laminated ref sheet and sharpie and write on cards and ref six.. all of these failed to work due to the driving rain. I literally had to keep the cautions in my head (not ideal obviously)

Anyone got any failsafe methods? Old school wallet and cards work?
Don't caution anyone and don't allow goals to be scored. You don't need to write anything down if it is 0-0 ;):confused:

One of the strangest things I ever saw was a (fairly geriatric) referee doing a kid's game holding an umbrella!! I kid you not. Never left the centre circle and just blew his whistle occasionally and shouted. Wasn't even raining that hard either. Think it was 10 year olds ...

One of the strangest things I ever saw was a (fairly geriatric) referee doing a kid's game holding an umbrella!! I kid you not. Never left the centre circle and just blew his whistle occasionally and shouted. Wasn't even raining that hard either. Think it was 10 year olds ...
Man had his priorities set

Back