A&H

West Ham v Bournemouth

bloovee

RefChat Addict
So a player commits a cautionable offence but you play advantage and make a mental note to administer the caution at the next stoppage. And that comes when the same offender fouls the same player again, again cautionable. I was waiting / hoping for two simultaneous yellows....

The Referee Store
i noticed the same thing and nearly posted as such on here!

both were clearly yellow card offences within about 5 seconds of each other...

Didn't this double caution scenario happen in a Northern Ireland match last year? Only time I've ever seen it.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...relands-chris-baird-receives-bizarre-red-card
Could have been two separate reds!

The trouble is that with cracking down on dissent we're going to get soft reds for not much while hurting an opponent "in a genuine attempt to play the ball" won't even get a card. It's odd that that any tackle from behind, once a red card offence because of the inherent risk of injury, now seems OK even if it leaves the opponent in a crumpled heap.

I think Pawson realised he had a problem and sold it well, and will probably have done the caution is persistent infringement - he pointed back down the pitch to the 1st foul and then to where the second was.

Shows why a lot of referee coaches and assessors advise against playing advantage on a caution unless it is a very, very good advantage. You never know what the player you are about to caution is going to do next ..!!

Back