A&H

Welsh league youth division - first AR gig

SM

The avuncular one
Got my first AR assignment for Welsh league in September. Very excited. I have probably been AR 5 times in 2 seasons so looking forward to it.

The Referee Store
Where are you doing it? The youth games I have found to be pretty easy, they genuinely want to play football and very rarely have any major incidents. I'm on the line at Carmarthen Town v Merthyer Town this month as well as Haverfordwest County v Goythre United in the League Cup.

Its Port Talbot vs Cambrian/Clych with Helmut in the middle. Don't think I have met him as yet, but seen him ref a few games so should be interesting.

Trying to gain as much experience as I can this season as I am hoping for promotion to 3B (promoted to 7 last season, but now 4A). Hopefully a couple of AR's in the Youth Welsh League and some WWFA youth league middles on the odd Sunday as well as the Saturday matches will be of benefit.

Ha ha Helmut is a character, he's done the line for me before. Like to pick keepers up for releasing the ball outside the area a lot. Enjoy the game.

Enjoy it! Obviously don't know your colleague but if they're senior to you and you learn something from them, feed it back to you peers.

Be clear. Be confident. Enjoy what you're doing without pressure. You'll be fine!

I see that Phil Gale is the other assistant. He's an extremely experienced Ref but doesn't like doing senior side at his age now so you can expect to be sorting the subs out as well as the benches.

Not the first time I have been caught with that one! You mean they don't toss a coin to see which line you get? Lol

Port Talbert are a great youth side, lined for them last season and no issues at all. And I now know that your Ben Williams, I'll probably see you at some point this season somewhere with all the various leagues I'm involved in, if you're on a game with 'A Fellowes' involved that'll be me.

Back