A&H

Welsh League appointments

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
The October Welsh League appointments have come in already, I've got 4 games.
1 with no assistants in the reserve division (down as re-arranged) and a youth game in the middle as well as a first division game as AR and a youth game as AR. I'm excited as well as nervous, anyone got any advice?

The Referee Store
Well done mate.

I had my first WL youth game AR yesterday. Really enjoyed it.

The catch is I'm only a 4B which surely means I'm the wrong grade to do middles even though ive gone in for promotion to 4A unless they want to promote me to 3B but it seems bizarre at the divisions I'm reffing at for promotion to 4A, I didn't even think a 4A was eligable to referee at reserve and youth level in the welsh unless they were going for 3B. I'm even getting top end Carmarthenshire League games

You can't do premier or divison one in Carmarthenshire. 4a (old 7) can do divison 1, grade 3b is premier in Carmarthenshire. That is my understanding of it. Seems standard to get as high a level a match as possible for your grade for assessed games (from my experience).

Your now 4b which fits as your in your first season over 16. Promotion to 4a is written up as automatic - 4a second season referee over the age of 16 who operates at grass roots level.

I am now in here despite promotion last season. referee colleagues who did not go for promotion who were 8s are now also 4a.that said I have no compliants as I learnt a lot last season.

Length of time in 4A normally to be two years unless exceptional circumstances apply. (From wwfa)

How all that works in practice is a different matter!

Last edited:
Back