A&H

Open Age Welsh FA Course

Jakewxm

Level 7 Referee
Hi all,

I’m about to finish my course with the Welsh FA. Just done the exam ect and all I need to do now is my 2 hour practical session to be signed off which isn’t until February, annoyingly.

Looking at the courses, the Welsh FA run them differently to the English FA, where the WFA do it all online with a final practical session to sign you off after the exam. Anyone done there’s with the Welsh FA and know what the 2 hour practical session may entail?.

thanks in advance

Jake

The Referee Store
Anyone done there’s with the Welsh FA and know what the 2 hour practical session may entail?.
It's been a while, so my experience may be out of date;

When I did it they took us out to the pitch and went through things such as positioning at various set pieces, signalling technique, the coin toss, whistling technique and so on. My organiser had us all warm up, so you might have some light jogging to do.

It will also put you in contact with your regional referee's development officer, very important if you want to go for promotion in the future, and in case anything happens at any stage during your career. They'll be your main contact for a while. They'll be assisting you with getting on the right leagues and making sure you're developing as a referee for the future.

There should be an e-mail sent out with further details closer to the time and you'll be able to ask/clarify what you need to bring etc. I went in sportswear and brought my boots and whistle. It was good fun, enjoy it. :)

Hi all,

I’m about to finish my course with the Welsh FA. Just done the exam ect and all I need to do now is my 2 hour practical session to be signed off which isn’t until February, annoyingly.

Looking at the courses, the Welsh FA run them differently to the English FA, where the WFA do it all online with a final practical session to sign you off after the exam. Anyone done there’s with the Welsh FA and know what the 2 hour practical session may entail?.

thanks in advance

Jake
check the site mate loads of assesments this month

Hi all,

thanks in advance

Jake
Hi Jake, I did mine nearly 3 years ago. It was very good e.g. sensible positioning at corners etc. DM me and I can get you contact. In South Wales, there is a practical on the 6th November.

Back