A&H

World Cup Webbs first match

The Referee Store
Cuneyt Cakir was originally appointed. That may have changed though.

Brazil v Mexico;
Referee: Cuneyt Cakir (TUR)
Assistant Referee 1: Bahattin Duran (TUR)
Assistant Referee 2: Tarik Ongun (TUR)
Fourth Official: Svein Moen (NOR)
Reserve AR: Kim Haglund (NOR)

Considering his last World Cup match was the final, I'm surprised that he hasn't got a bigger match.

He won't get any major matches, he won't get the final so there's no point really.

He not doing to bad so far had nothing much to give so far accept for those nigly fouls

I see he / the team have the Brazil v Chile game and Kuipers has one too .. good luck chaps !!

Brazil – Chile
Referee: Howard Webb (ENG)
Assistant Referee 1: Michael Mullarkey (ENG)
Assistant Referee 2: Darren Cann (ENG)
Fourth Official: Felix Brych (GER)
Reserve AR: Mark Borsch (GER)

Colombia – Uruguay
Referee: Bjorn Kuipers (NED)
Assistant Referee 1: Sander Van Roekel (NED)
Assistant Referee 2: Erwin Zeinstra (NED)
Fourth Official: Svein Moen (NOR)
Reserve AR: Kim Haglund (NOR)

He won't get any major matches, he won't get the final so there's no point really.
Err, and why not? The decision for games and progression is based on tournament performance and on your home country's progression.

If you are implying that as they did 2010 final they will be put down the order, this is tosh. If they as a team are the best at the tournament there is no reason that they can not be apponted to, and therefore officiate over, 2 sucessive finals.

In reality it probably will not happen, but on paper it can. So OP is void.

If, as you say, there is no point really, then why were our other FIFA list officialy not sent and give the guys a summer with their family. I know that 2010 was hard on one officials family and they would have prefered not to go, but then again, it's an appointment that you do not turn down for the good of your career.

Ben Williams from Australia is my dark horse for the final after his recent performances, very impressed.

Ben Williams from Australia is my dark horse for the final after his recent performances, very impressed.

Seems to be an exceptional official. As do his 2 assistants, think they're in with a chance of the final.

FIFA will want to rotate the final appointment around the different Continents - obviously it was a European referee last time ... agree that Ben Williams and team are doing really well and they would tick the box (so far)

I think it would help his cause to get another game if Costa Rica didn't progress to the final - has any ref every been appointed to the same team twice in the same competition ..?

Back