A&H

Vincent Jones, a Legend?

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Football On This Day – 21st March 1992
Chelsea’s Vinnie Jones was booked after just 3 seconds for a foul on Sheffield United’s Dane Whitehouse in a First Division match at Stamford Bridge. He later said of the incident "I must have been too high, too wild, too strong or too early, because, after three seconds, I could hardly have been too bloody late!” ...... ✊
1B714630-227B-4B8E-ACCA-E3515E32D76B.jpeg

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Legend but in a diffence sense Moosey, he was a thug, he could play a bit too but he bullied opposition players as you said. He wouldn’t survive today as his skills are from another Legendary era!

We had him at the Lane and he was a walking red card, that’s when you could tackle!

Last edited:
Never even tried to tackle, just an on pitch henchman who it could be argued deliberately set out to hurt opponents! :mad:

I once saw him do the most blatant hand ball on the line V Man Utd in a Cup game, swore blind it wasn't him but it clearly was, I was in the away end behind the goal (our end was full) and Old Bent Nose himself Steve Bruce stepped up to take the pen and missed it.. He then ran up to the ref to ask if he could take it again LOL!!

Last edited:
Players like this would never last in today's game. It's very similar to ice hockey. The enforcers and goons were punished with escalating suspensions until they changed their ways or were forced out of the game. Raffi Torres was one of those players in the NHL who made multiple illegal checks to the head of an opponent.

PS: The NHL puts out a video for every suspension. They're very informative and I'd love for the Premier League to do something similar. "Player X was banned for three matches for serious foul play. Here's why this tackle was a red card"

i saw a thing on the sky sports respect the ref feature, tackle, now red card all day long, david ellaray shows yellow, apparently vinny said, just letting him know i am here ref, ellaray replied yes vincent and i am just letting you know i am around lol, most teams had vinny type, when it was allowed

Back