A&H

Variation on Manager unhappy

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
I was senior AR yesterday so near home team bench.

Corner to home team, taken from my side, ball into area, an aerial challenge, GK ends up catching the ball & on we go.

All very mundane. About 5 mins later home team make a change, and I hear the player taken off describing events at said corner, ending with the accusation that this player had received an elbow in the face.

No appeals from bench or players at the time though, so I asssumed it was just one of those accidental things that can happen at corners.

F/T home team have lost & manager comes steaming over to berate referee about the incident and the penalty they should have had. Referee tells him, not a penalty and manager then calls him/us a "f***ing disgrace" solte voce - not too us, but obviously loud enough for us to hear, as he unlocks the changing room.

Clearly manager would have appealed at the time if he had seen the incident - as he is not shy about appealing! - so is acting like that based on an account from his player.

Ho hum!

The Referee Store
Hmm ... strange, why am I not surprised?!

Put it down to experience Mr J!

Don't want to get in trouble here, but before the game, said manager was showing oppo manager a video of purple's previous game where he reckoned oppo goal should have been disallowed for offside - I'm thinking "That was seven days ago man, let it go" & also "Why on earth would oppo manager be interested in THAT!"

He's committed, you have to give him that.

Back