A&H

Ups and Downs in Football

Everton Fan since I was 7/8 (so around 92/93) by far my favorite memory in that time was being in lower gwladys, FA Cup 5th round replay against Liverpool at Goodison and Dan Gosling slotted home the winner in the 118th minute. Pandemonium springs to mind.

Only had the 95 FA cup success in my time, and spent alot of my teens seeing us stay in the premier league by the skin of our teeth. Gareth Farrelly is a name I will probably never forget, scoring in a draw to keep us up on the last day of the season on goal difference. Though it was amazing, I dont miss the stress, it was abit too much for me even as a football mad youngster!

I go and watch Middlesbrough quite often as have a few friends who support them, and its a chance to watch some live football. Plus Boro is 45 minutes away on the train compared to over two hours to Liverpool. 4+ hours on a train in one day feels like a long time!

One of my favourite stadiums to have visited was Sunderlands as an Everton fan, beat them 3-0, but I was just so impressed with it. Walking up to it I didnt think it looked like much as I didnt realise the ground was sunken into the floor. Loved it.
You'd have loved Roker Park. Reminded me of Fratton Park (both unpleasant experiences for the away fan).

The Referee Store
Well that was a bit of a damp squib, considering current form!

Well done - on to the next one!
Yes, awful game, decent ref, not much between us TBF, I don’t recall many chances for either!
Great to see Tony Currie win the half time 2K draw!

Lost my boyhood club to the EDL. Not been back since.
Keep an occasional eye out for Hull City (as a former employee of the club) but nothing more than that.

Back