A&H

Under what law?

The Referee Store
I think perhaps a caution would have been in order but sending off is excessive

The only justification is leaving the field of play caution 1. Adopting an aggressive attitude caugion 2??

He is an idiot though.

Interpretation of Law 12 - 'Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself'

However, 'a player must be cautioned if: in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory'

I think you could also caution him for unsporting behaviour, for acting 'in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game'

My favourite, though, would be to caution him for covering 'his head or face with a mask or other similar item', in this case, perspex :)

Last edited:
But he didn't show him his yellow? Went straight for the red??:confused:

I'm assuming it was a Red for VC, although in the LOTG it is only VC if it is against another person. Im sure the referee could say that the glass had potential to harm another person and therefore was a red for attempted VC???

It's criminal damage, but not a red card.

For me, YC for the celebration (that IS potentially a provocative celebration) and informing that you'll be reporting the matter to the league and possibly, depending on league advice, the police.

Imagine what he does when he scores a goal that's not a two-yard scrap in after an inept fumble from the goalkeeper!

Back