A&H

Unaffiliated friendly - 7-6 promotion

Naughty Referee

Level 7 Referee
Hi - if theoretically a referee on the 7-6 promotion scheme refereed a veterans' friendly between two unaffiliated teams, and then submitted it on RefSec as one of their 25 matches for promotion, how likely is it that their county FA would realise it was an unaffiliated/unsanctioned match? It doesn't seem like my county FA is particularly double checking what the 25 matches for 7-6 promotion are, or even what date they took place, but correct me if I am wrong.

A&H International
It’s not too likely, as they’re not seeking to appoint Observers/Match Day Coaches as the marking window is generally closed.

That being said, is it a risk this theoretical referee wants to take?

Hi - if theoretically a referee on the 7-6 promotion scheme refereed a veterans' friendly between two unaffiliated teams, and then submitted it on RefSec as one of their 25 matches for promotion, how likely is it that their county FA would realise it was an unaffiliated/unsanctioned match? It doesn't seem like my county FA is particularly double checking what the 25 matches for 7-6 promotion are, or even what date they took place, but correct me if I am wrong.
Not worth the hassle. And by that I mean reffing the game in the first place.

The game itself has all the hall marks to descend into a 💩show and even worse the referee could find themselves liable to a misconduct charge and suspended.

Not worth the hassle. And by that I mean reffing the game in the first place.

The game itself has all the hall marks to descend into a 💩show and even worse the referee could find themselves liable to a misconduct charge and suspended.
I judged from the wording that the OP was aware of this, but it's spot on. If you're looking for promotion, don't throw that away for an easily avoidable misconduct charge.

Including an unaffiliated match on the list of games you refereed would be a really, really bad idea. You'd be admitting that you have broken rule 9a of the regulations for the control and registration of referees, as below, and far from helping to get you promoted it will kill the promotion and might even see you being charged and suspended.

9 (a) Registered Referees shall not officiate in any Competition, which is not sanctioned, or match in which unaffiliated clubs compete.

Back