A&H

U11 football?

msportstars

Hi guys, I am a new ref and only recently qualified! I have been trained in adult 11v11 football but have been asked to take part in a U11 game? Is there separate rules for this age group or do the laws of the game still apply? Any help would be most appreciated as I have found this forum very useful so far!

The Referee Store
U11 and up - normal LotG, but competition rules will probably dictate 9x9 rather than 11x11, on an appropriately sized pitch with the correct size of goals. Enjoy!

You should look at the league rules for anything different in terms of the competition. However the LOTG will be the same.

Good luck and stay safe.

One key thing that will almost certainly be different is the length of each half. I've not done youth football at that age group for a number of years, but probably 30 minute halves. As Twinsuniax said, check the league handbook and there will certainly be details of length of match for each age group, roll on/roll off subs, etc.

These are normally available on the league website, but if not, the ref secretary or appointing office will certainly be able to provide you with a copy.

Double check the required ball size. Double check the length of game. Double check you have your cards. It is 9v9 at this age. It will be rolling subs as well. Alos make sure you know whether it is a cup game or league game.

Back