A&H

Two games, same time

OnlyUseMeWhistle

RefChat Addict
Level 4W Referee
Posting in here because I’m at my wits end!

The appointment sec for a league I ref is also the appointment sec for the CFA county cup. I’ve been given a line on that cup at the exact same time as a league match this coming sunday.

I’ve emailed and texted and left a voicemail but had no acknowledgement from the appointing sec.

Stressing about what I should do here? Instinct says the middle because it cannot proceed without me but I’m aware county cups usually take priority.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

The Referee Store
Are both games definitely the same time?

Ring your CFA and explain your situation and they will advise.

Technically County Cup games take priority. But it’s for the appointments officer to sort. If you can’t get hold of them, definitely get hold of someone at County FA.

The County Cup fixture would take priority. If you can't get hold of the appointments officer, maybe try contacting the home club of the league fixture and let them know the situation, tell them you've tried to get in touch to be replaced, but also ask them to contact the league as they will need a new referee appointing?

The County Cup fixture would take priority. If you can't get hold of the appointments officer, maybe try contacting the home club of the league fixture and let them know the situation, tell them you've tried to get in touch to be replaced, but also ask them to contact the league as they will need a new referee appointing?
Yeah I have let the Home club in the league know.

Appreciate all the comments about the county FA but the appointing secretary is at the County FA! I'll try a give them a call and see if someone else is around, they might be unwell or something

Appreciate all the comments about the county FA but the appointing secretary is at the County FA! I'll try a give them a call and see if someone else is around, they might be unwell or something
They may also be part time. A lot of our referee workforce aren't there 9-5 and have other main jobs with their county FA roles additional to their normal everyday employment

If the appointments officer isn’t available, the RDO should be able to assist and make an executive decision on what to do

Back