A&H

Training kit (Level 3/4)

Mada

We saw 2 big changes for the new season: 1) the move away from the volt kit to anthracite and 2) the introduction of the new badge

The training wear kitlocker (FA referee store) provide are unbadged and there is no option to add the new FA badge (only county badges). Refstop will apply the badge if you buy the badge separately at the point of order and add a note asking them to apply it.

Are there any other options? I used kitlocker last year for the FAMOA badge (default option) and was very happy. Adding a badge using refstop across 4 items will add about £40 to the total which isn’t cheap. I appreciate we will be sent the warm up top but I’d also like some trousers, t shirt, polo shirt and shorts.

The Referee Store
You only need the badge on your match top. What else would you get the badge on and why?

You only need the badge on your match top. What else would you get the badge on and why?
I suppose it’s personal preference but last season with the volt kit I had the full tracksuit, t-shirt and shorts. All had the FAMOA badge printed by kitlocker. This seems to be common amongst other referees too. Would you suggest otherwise for next season?

Last edited:
I suppose it’s personal preference but last season with the vault kit I had the full tracksuit, t-shirt and shorts. All had the FAMOA badge printed by kitlocker. This seems to be common amongst other referees too. Would you suggest otherwise for next season?
I had my drill top badged but that's it. No badge on tracksuit. And I have just added the tee shirt no badge. The blue is going to look really cr*p against the black so I think I want to limit that to the match top only.

I had my drill top badged but that's it. No badge on tracksuit. And I have just added the tee shirt no badge. The blue is going to look really cr*p against the black so I think I want to limit that to the match top only.
Yes thats a good idea. This is the badge they would apply: https://www.therefstop.co.uk/product/the-fa-match-official-badge-diy/

I could be tempted on the t shirt but you are probably right that it’s overkill on everything else especially as we will get the quarter zip top printed with the badge already.

Yes thats a good idea. This is the badge they would apply: https://www.therefstop.co.uk/product/the-fa-match-official-badge-diy/

I could be tempted on the t shirt but you are probably right that it’s overkill on everything else especially as we will get the quarter zip top printed with the badge already.
I don't think the drill top will be badged. Just the match kit.

I also wont be surprised that it's not an applied badge and one that you have to stick on yourself. That's what we have to do with the national league badges.

Last edited:

I also wont be surprised that it's not an applied badge and one that you have to stick on yourself. That's what we have to do with the national league badges.
Really?! I bet there will be some wonky, mis-applied badges on some scorched shirts :D So much for consistency if that's the case!

I asked when this was sent out and apparently the new badge will be applied to the kit.

I was hoping it wouldn’t be to make all the badge changes easier as none of the badges cover each other properly.

I asked when this was sent out and apparently the new badge will be applied to the kit.

I was hoping it wouldn’t be to make all the badge changes easier as none of the badges cover each other properly.
Thanks for that, blows my theory out the water.

I don't think we'll need to make any badge changes... As I understand it we will wear this badge on all games at step 2-6.

Thanks for that, blows my theory out the water.

I don't think we'll need to make any badge changes... As I understand it we will wear this badge on all games at step 2-6.

I’m hopeful we don’t, as I know that’s the plan but the national league badges at step 2 last year were a mid season change so who knows?

I was mainly hoping as I wear both short and long sleeve to not have to buy a new badge for both and then be able to remove it for a county badge as required.

I’m hopeful we don’t, as I know that’s the plan but the national league badges at step 2 last year were a mid season change so who knows?

I was mainly hoping as I wear both short and long sleeve to not have to buy a new badge for both and then be able to remove it for a county badge as required.
Same boat. I have just gone for long sleeves and I'll roll it up and 🙏 we get a new kit next year as well.
For county I'll just stick that a) either on the other pocket (for fa comps) or will just use the old kit I have with county badge on.

Back