A&H

Trainee Ref

Adam Coates

Level 9 Referee
Hi all,

My name's Adam im 34 and started my basic referee course last monday.
Chose to move into refereeing as ive always been interested in it and after injuries and age!, saw it as a way of staying involved in football, any tips for a newbie?, I've reffed a few games for my local side when a ref hasnt been allocated with differing results buy always thought i did ok although I am aware players probably go easier on you when your not a qualified ref!

Thanks in advance!

The Referee Store
Hi all,

Chose to move into refereeing as ive always been interested in it and after injuries and age!, saw it as a way of staying involved in football, any tips for a newbie?, I've reffed a few games for my local side when a ref hasnt been allocated with differing results buy always thought i did ok although I am aware players probably go easier on you when your not a qualified ref!

Thanks in advance!
Read the book!
Try the quizzes on areferee.com
Read some of the great first timer stories on here.
Relax - but don't stand still, take your time - but concentrate, enjoy but be prepared for the unpredictable!

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Get some VHS videos of Minty in his prime.... You may have to fast forward a bit as he was often stationary!!! :cool: A master at work!!!

Cheers guys, I'm looking forward to it, i guess as well as the course and exam its a role where you learn as you go along aswell

Back