A&H

Junior/Youth Tournament Assignment

MattyontheWhistle

RefChat Addict
Local Boys High School run an u16s tournament every year (in it's third year now) over three days. This Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. 12 Schools from across the North Island coming over.

Not available on the Sunday, but three games on Monday, and three on Tuesday, including a Semi-Final and the 3rd/4th place play-off.

Chuffed to bits!!!

Almost makes up for having to work this weekend and missing out on the senior leagues!

The Referee Store
We've got a tournament in town this weekend/beginning of next week wherein the provincial teams from the four Atlantic Provinces (New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia) are all playing in both the U15 and U16 division so that the coaches for the two Team Atlantic age categories can select their team to play at Nationals. I'm on for five games in three days -- one in the middle, four on the line, which I prefer. Very excited.

I could do with a couple on the line as well - my legs are killing me after the first three - only three to go tomorrow! At =least they are only 25 each way!

Sooooo.....there we go for that tournament!

Six games, three yellows and some superb football from the boys.

THe Semi -Final was a real game of two halves, one team leading 3-0 at half time, and the other coming back really strong in the 2nd - just couldn't finish the chances off and it finished 3-0.

I then get that team again in the 3rd/4th play-off, very tight game but they won it with a stunning 'Gareth Bale' from 30-odd yards with ten minutes on the clock.

Sore legs, painful ankles and a $150 supermarket voucher for my efforts - thoroughly enjoyable!

How do you win by diving theatrically in the box and then claiming that you have been tackled?
From 30-odd yards? I'd give it 9.8 for a dive that big, then try and get my hand signals and gestures trademarked so that I can bring out my own line of fashion clothes, underwear and fragrances!

I am currently working on a top-secret blend of Deep Heat, foot sweat and Head & Shoulders. Perhaps with a little dash of Lynx for the ladies version.

Back