A&H

Tottenham wolves

Sillygoose12

Level 7 Referee
Thoughts on this? Is there enough for a VAR intervention- not given as a foul on field but i dont think there’s enough for a review for SFP.
Twitter

Dawson also got a caution right at the end for another foul on Son.

The Referee Store
I thought it was accidental - good match I thought by the officials and I think in this instance Son made a meal of it.

I think in the original coming together they are both as guilty or innocent. But once on the ground it's a different story for me. I acknowledge still photos don't give the full story so I have two of them.

At the point of the first image any reasonable person would know the safe thing to do is to pull your right leg away from the opponent then plant it on the ground and support yourself getting up. The second image shows, instead, he planted it on his opponents crouch and pressed firmly to push himself up. Once he is up he lifts his leg to claim innocence. For me he knew exactly what he was doing and it was a deliberate act.

Screenshot_20231115-122649~2.jpg
Screenshot_20231115-122708~2.jpg

It wasn't a "stamp", he has tried to get up and just trod on him. Not sure I see a "pile-driver" tackle either, it was just two players coming together.

He had multiple simple ways to get up without pressing his studs into Son's crotch. The "pile-driver" part is where he puts his arm around Son's shoulders and head, creating a headlock, and falls backwards.

Wolves fan here. May be biased but I don't think that even comes close to a red. HOWEVER, if the ref had given it red on field, I don't expect the VAR would have done anything about it because that wouldn't meet the threshold for "clear and obvious" for me.

Back