A&H

Tottenham vs Sheffield U - Manager Comments

• Thread starter Deleted member 2447
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2447

VERY surprised not to see any consequences for the post match refereeing comments from Blades' manager. The decisions (YC for handling out and both YC for Burnie) were quite correct. Trying to deflect from his team's inability to hold the lead in time added on, but it was a rant.

A&H International
It was a rant, but he probably just about kept on the right side of the line. He wasn't suggesting the referee was less than impartial, which is where managers usually get into trouble, rather that referees don't understand the game.

I don't think he criticised the ref, I think he was making a statement about the selective time wasting clampdown and refs not applying the law on the 6 seconds rule.

The guys an idiot. The time wasting by his team was constant and trying to spin it with ‘we’re trying to work out the oppositions tactics’ is just him deflecting. Why would everyone stand around and wait for him to work out the opposition setup?

As far as I could tell from his remarks he was annoyed that because his goalkeeper had received a (totally justified) yellow card for SPA, by handling outside the area, he could no longer indulge in time wasting tactics in case he got another yellow.

So it seems to me he was miffed that the referee had done his job correctly and might continue to do so.

Last edited:
As far as I could tell from his remarks he was annoyed that because his goalkeeper had received a (totally justified) yellow card for SPA, by handling outside the area, he could no longer indulge in time wasting tactics in case he got another yellow.

So it seems to me he was miffed that the referee has done his job correctly and might continue to do so.
It’s the classic

“We need to stop timewasting… no I didn’t mean we need to stop US timewasting”

Back