A&H

The heat!

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Anyone unlucky enough to be out officiating in this heat (South of England)?

My next one is Saturday, by which time it should have cooled down a touch I hope!

The Referee Store
Just sat in the Air Conditionied Premier Lounge at Gatwick Airport... Free beer, I’m thinking about ye lads out there.... Tipping 22 tomorrow in Jersey.... booooo

Last edited:
Anyone unlucky enough to be out officiating in this heat (South of England)?

My next one is Saturday, by which time it should have cooled down a touch I hope!
I'm on a tour de France
40 degrees and 90+% humidity
I hate exercising in the heat and would struggle to ref in 30+ temps. I'd insist on a drinks break every time the ball went dead :dead:

My first pre-season friendly will be this Saturday, but I have trained in this weather before and it isn't fun.

Line this evening and a middle on Thursday night. Out for a walk earlier by the river and it was topping 35 degrees in the direct sunshine

Step 5 v step 6 side and the pitch was huge. Tough job in the middle with the heat and pace of the home side.

You can stick your cold wet night in Stoke; I did 30+ degrees in black kit near J14 of the M1. I know which is tougher!

Glad I wasn’t refereeing in Jersey last night, 96.8F
Highest ever temperature measured there apparently. I was sweating like @Mintyref paying his bar bill after his night do!

Football was far far from my thoughts.

London will seemingly break all records tomorrow, not sure how feasible it would be to referee or play with the temperature at 37C.

I am defying my Northern upbringing by not taking the tube to Heathrow which would cost about £2.40 and instead have booked a cab … :bite:

Back