A&H

The Great Flag Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbiter

Level 3 Referee
I've seen Hassan's comparative assessment of the three major brands of beep flags, and I'm looking for more information from anyone who has used any of them or, ideally, all three of them. Between Touchline, SignalBip, and Ervocom, which is better? Is the price difference justified in the quality gap? If you were going to purchase a pair of flags, which would you settle on and why?

The Referee Store
Have used ervocom and touch lines and signal bip as an assistant. Never used buzzers as AR.
So I'll stick to my experiences actually using the flag
For me the build quality of the touchline appears better. Lost count the amount of ervos I have been given where the buttons are breaking/broken.
The feel of the touch lines are better as well, as it's a flag I am used to using (non buzzer version). Also the length is better, I always find the ervocom flags can get trodden on as I run down the line as the stick and flag is a little longer and I am not the tallest.
Price, in the UK the touchline come out on top here too.
The signal bios don't feel as quality but I have had no issues using it. I don't. Think you can turn the beeps off on these though which I think I'd want to in a buzzer flag.
There may be some big differences in the refs experience which I can't comment on but certainly as an AR I am much happier if the ref hands me a touchline flag

Have used ervocom and touch lines and signal bip as an assistant. Never used buzzers as AR.
So I'll stick to my experiences actually using the flag
For me the build quality of the touchline appears better. Lost count the amount of ervos I have been given where the buttons are breaking/broken.
The feel of the touch lines are better as well, as it's a flag I am used to using (non buzzer version). Also the length is better, I always find the ervocom flags can get trodden on as I run down the line as the stick and flag is a little longer and I am not the tallest.
Price, in the UK the touchline come out on top here too.
The signal bios don't feel as quality but I have had no issues using it. I don't. Think you can turn the beeps off on these though which I think I'd want to in a buzzer flag.
There may be some big differences in the refs experience which I can't comment on but certainly as an AR I am much happier if the ref hands me a touchline flag

I've never used the Touchline or SignalBip. Can you not turn the beep off on the Touchline flags? It's not the biggest thing in the world since I don't mind having the beep go off at all (it can even be used to good effect to have the beep going).

yes you can turn off the beep on touchlines, i have mine just set to vibrate. they're fantastic flags, very strdy feel to them in your hand as well

I've never used the Touchline or SignalBip. Can you not turn the beep off on the Touchline flags? It's not the biggest thing in the world since I don't mind having the beep go off at all (it can even be used to good effect to have the beep going).
Yes can on touchlines. Not on signal. Bip I don't think.

As an assistant I hated the SignalBips as I couldn't get to grips with the thumb rest next to the button. Agree with JamesL on the Ervocoms, I think the rubber often gets twisted and that means the button is no longer aligned to the buzzer mechanism behind it.

I've used Ervocoms as an AR and hated them, pretty much everyone uses Touchlines which are very similar in feel as @JamesL has said to the non buzzer versions, so it might be a familiarity thing.

I've got my own set of Touchline buzzers now and they work well, and I really enjoy using them, though it's easy to get a little lazy in looking over to your AR as you can rely on the buzz and a few of our observers pick up on referees that don't have the obvious glance over to their assistants.

Here no one buys buzzer flags, lots of buying 2-300€ headset kits e.g. from the motorbike test companies via Alibaba or whatever.

yes you can turn off the beep on touchlines, i have mine just set to vibrate. they're fantastic flags, very strdy feel to them in your hand as well
hi there. how do you set the touchlines just to vibrate ? thanks in advance !

Before dead thread locked. Hold 1+2 onreceiver.

Videos on touchline website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back