The Ref Stop

The Cost of Mike & his Mechanics!!!!

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Rochdale, Sheffield Wednesday, Oxford, Tranmere, Shrewsbury, Peterborough, Huddersfield, Luton, Port Vale, Wigan, Forest, Boro, Fylde, Derby, Leeds all had FA Cup matches this season away to PL clubs. They didn’t realise that they had to pay 50% of the VAR bill of £9,251.00.

Ouch! Made as clear to them as an armpit offside, was it?
2E0B894B-15BC-4110-9D34-CC4B563258B6.jpeg

The Ref Stop
Rochdale, Sheffield Wednesday, Oxford, Tranmere, Shrewsbury, Peterborough, Huddersfield, Luton, Port Vale, Wigan, Forest, Boro, Fylde, Derby, Leeds all had FA Cup matches this season away to PL clubs. They didn’t realise that they had to pay 50% of the VAR bill of £9,251.00.

Ouch! Made as clear to them as an armpit offside, was it?
View attachment 4057
I might be wrong but where does it say the away side pays 50%. Its says home club will be invoiced.
Even so clubs receive a prize fund of more than so its a self sufficient expense really

Odd that it is so much, maybe they've included some of the capital equipment/recoup the development costs of the technology.

You're paying for a Premier League ref (the VAR), an Assistant VAR, a technical operaror (drawing the lines).
Then there's the technical side of things - the facility at Stockley Park, all the cameras at the ground, data connections and comms. Presumably it's a secure data connection so they don't get hacked and the VAR ends up watching something completely different!

That doesn't say the away side have to pick up the tab for half of the VAR costs.

But even if they did it's only 4625, so is a tiny amount when you consider how much the away club would make from playing a PL side, and how much additional money would be made if the match is televised.

Nothing in this world comes for free, all the people involved in VAR still need paying regardless of whether it's the FA Cup or not.

Back