A&H

Team left at half time

If you aren't available they need to offer you a different date. Where referees often come unstuck though is they haven't closed these unavailable dates with county, so the argument comes back that you could have been given a county cup game on that date so you should be available.
That's all well and good @RustyRef but if you only referee weekends can you really be expected to close weekday nights as these hearings are invariable weekday evenings.......

The Referee Store
That's all well and good @RustyRef but if you only referee weekends can you really be expected to close weekday nights as these hearings are invariable weekday evenings.......

That's the point though, you would have just said at the start of the season that you are only available weekends, not weekdays for appointments. They will still expect you to attend hearings in the evening, but at least you can then say you aren't available. Whereas if it is on an "open for refereeing" night you don't have a leg to stand on.

That's pretty bad, surprised the team officials and players can make that either. CFAs have to realise that people have full time jobs that pay the bills.
Well the cfa closes at 4. But yeah I have a job lol so cant make that. I do half days on Fridays so emailed saying I could do any Friday afternoon so hopefully they can rearrange to a friday

Most CFA's close at normal working hours, although 4pm is early. Every hearing I've ever been to has started between 7pm and 8.30 pm on a weekday evening.

Let us know how it goes Joe.

Every so often I think 'Maybe I should do a few youth middles again' then I read a thread like this...………...…………...…......………………...…..:confused:

Gan on lad. ;) You get in there and be yourself. The truth is on your side. You'll be fine. Be sure and let us know how it goes though. I admire your spirit and your sense of humour. Best of luck son. Seriously. :) 👍
Thanks means alot.

Reactions: Kes
It is highly unlikely that you will get any stick at the meeting. The CFA will simply ask if you have anything to add, ask questions (for the purpose of investigating the incident, not to catch you out!) and may ask some questions of the offenders. Remember, you're not the one on trial; the team (and its officials) are.

Are you with an RA? I've never had a hearing but RAs are meant to be super supportive and helpful. I believe you're allowed to bring a member of your RA to support you (I think)

Back