A&H

Sub sent off

The Referee Store
An excellent example of a quick red card being effective, granted our public parks logistically might not be quite as easy.

What am I missing here? ...would have liked to see a yellow for the idiot rolling around grabbing his ankle though
Can only presume there was a punch or some act of VC we couldn't see on this angle, otherwise it's 2 x YC (assuming the ball is in play here)

What am I missing here? ...would have liked to see a yellow for the idiot rolling around grabbing his ankle though
Can only presume there was a punch or some act of VC we couldn't see on this angle, otherwise it's 2 x YC (assuming the ball is in play here)

Do you have the correct link?!
What are you missing? A player who is not meant to be on the fop running on for no reason other than to be a pest, trying to get the ball off one opponent then barging over (brutality, whether it was with head or shoulder he lainched himself into the opponent), another, was about to be the cause of a mass brawl had the red card not come out and looking at the players own reaction he seemed to both want and expect a red card.
You cannot not dismiss someone for this, running up to someone and barging into them like that has no place in a game of football, Its not a challenge for the ball, given he is a sub and cannot challenge for the ball, its brutality.

Am taking a guess the ball was not in play but was a blue throw at the half way line, not that ball in or out of play is relevant here.
You can easy justify a straight red for vc here. It seemed like even the sub himself expected it, so, give him what he exoected.

Technically it's a yellow and then a red. But I am happy with just a quick red. The sub studded the ankle of the opponent. Easy VC.

1545120763869.png

1545120887531.png

1545120717148.png

My question is, why is the referee so calm when he can see a sub running on chasing the ball?
Well, that was a second ball on the field of play -- if the video started about 5-8s earlier, you'd see that a player from the yellow team was down (injured or not, Idaknow), and a ball boy threw that ball out onto the field of play. The blue sub ran out to remove it from the field of play so that play wouldn't be stopped because of a second ball.

Well, that was a second ball on the field of play -- if the video started about 5-8s earlier, you'd see that a player from the yellow team was down (injured or not, Idaknow), and a ball boy threw that ball out onto the field of play. The blue sub ran out to remove it from the field of play so that play wouldn't be stopped because of a second ball.
I knew the ball wasn't in play, but this makes sense.

No issues from my viewpoint of ref using bit of force to usher off the player
It worked, proactive, no reaction from anybody including the sent off player,
No point saying would you let a player use that force on you as ref, if the player does it, he is doing it out of aggression/fustration, the referee here in this rare occasion is shooing the dismissed player away, quite right.

No issues from my viewpoint of ref using bit of force to usher off the player
It worked, proactive, no reaction from anybody including the sent off player,
No point saying would you let a player use that force on you as ref, if the player does it, he is doing it out of aggression/fustration, the referee here in this rare occasion is shooing the dismissed player away, quite right.
Sorry, but referees don't get to push players around just because they've been sent off.

Sorry, but referees don't get to push players around just because they've been sent off.

Am not recommending it, and it be a rare occasion but this was that occasion
Collinia himself was famous/infamous for pushing players away and most the top guys in my country have been, and are, hands on
Do you see anybody having a problem in the clip., esp the sent off player?
No, so why create one. There is no issue here.

Am not recommending it, and it be a rare occasion but this was that occasion
Collinia himself was famous/infamous for pushing players away and most the top guys in my country have been, and are, hands on
Do you see anybody having a problem in the clip., esp the sent off player?
No, so why create one. There is no issue here.
Collina is a great textbook example of how not to referee, in a lot of ways. By that I mean absolutely nobody else could get away with the stuff he gets away with :)

Usually refs get hands on when they're trying to separate players at a confrontation and that sort of thing. Never seen a ref just walk after a player and push them off the field before - and I'm not going to take my measure on whether it was correct simply by whether anybody had a reaction or not.

Collina is a great textbook example of how not to referee, in a lot of ways. By that I mean absolutely nobody else could get away with the stuff he gets away with :)

Usually refs get hands on when they're trying to separate players at a confrontation and that sort of thing. Never seen a ref just walk after a player and push them off the field before - and I'm not going to take my measure on whether it was correct simply by whether anybody had a reaction or not.

I am not saying it is correct, I am saying it does seem to have been appropriate at the time. You cant paint by numbers what to do on a park before it happens, so its harsh to say, he was right or wrong, what we can all see without taking a side on either view is.....it worked.

It's too easy to view this situation from the perspective that you referee from. If you do OA matches in England, then of course this wouldn't be an advisable approach. But for a top level Mexican referee doing a match between two Mexican teams, it seemed to work pretty damn well. Well done ref.

Back