A&H

Stuttgart v Hamburg

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
I'm watching this tonight and although the refs performance as a whole has been good, and firm in his decisions, he has made some errors.
The penalty for Hamburg I felt was very harsh, even under latest law. Defender and attacker jump, attacker behind the defender, with both using their arm(s) out to elevate themselves. The ball just beats the defender when the attacker heads it directly into the arm of the defender who has no time to react even if he could see it. Whilst this was happening, and before the ball hit the arm, the attacker had a fist fall of of the defenders shirt in his hand pulling him. Surely that is a foul first and should have been spotted by var.

Right at the start of the 2nd half, stuttgart were fouled about 2 or 3 times and nothing given, waving away all protests.
This actually, eventually, worked in stuttgarts favour as hamburg looked like they switched off thinking a foul would be given for the last one and stuttgart broke, eventually awarded a free kick in a dangerous location and scored from a retaken free kick after taking the initial kick too quickly (he was marking the wall line with spray).
The goal looked like a foul to defender but a little inconclusive with the replays shown so can forgive.

He then gave a penalty for stuttgart where I feel the hamburg player slowed down expecting contact but none, in my opinion, happened and he actually jumped over him. Again var was looked at and pen given still.

OK, not entirely refs fault, more so var, but it was all his initial decisions that I think were wrong.

The Referee Store
Back