A&H

Stoke vs west ham

SM

The avuncular one
The 2 footed challenge by Song. Stoke still have the ball and despite a great position, lost the ball and promptly concede a counterattack goal. Irony of football eh?

The pundits on MOTD keep talking about advantage played by the referee. I did not see any advantage signal?

It was a two footed lunge and the stoke player jumped out of the way, literally jumping over the tackle. No action taken?

Thoughts?

The Referee Store
I thought it was just the one foot and the other one tucked out go the way.

Either either, I was surprised he didn't at least call a FK

One foot was shin high, the other was low but both forward during the lunge.

I thought booking, he does leap in but by the time he gets there is on the floor. Raised foot makes it worse, but the fact that he jumps in I think it looks worse than it turned out to be.

I agree with @Beezer .

No contact = yellow at next stoppage of play if advantage wasted, any contact whatsoever = stop game and red.

Diouf's athletic jump saved him for me.

And I have no idea why Mark Hughes said his team didnt get an advantage .....? The man really winds me up ...I very rarely agree with any points he makes

I agree they did, but Moses wasted it.

Still think Song should have had a yellow at the next stoppage in play.

The point I made originally; no indictation advantage was being played.

No signal, but surely to God he must have shouted it?

Stevie Wonder saw there was an infringement? :cool::cool::cool:

Only seen it once , didnt see if the ref signaled or not ? But the advantage was clear and correct

I watched the replay about 10 times from all the motd angles. He didn't appear to shout anything.

Back