A&H

Sterling's first goal v Bournemouth

lincs22

Supply League Observer
Staff member
Observer/Tutor
upload_2015-10-19_12-54-33.png

There was talk that this goal was offside as the other defender was off the FOP. Below is the quote from the Guidance to Law 11, so the people on TV were talking b******* as normal. Agreed, or am I missing something?

Any defending player leaving the field of play for any reason without the referee’s permission shall be considered to be on his own goal line or touch line for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play.

The Referee Store
Indeed, MOTD commentator , stated Sterling was a yard offside, so goal should have been disallowed - no ifs/buts:rolleyes:

I noticed this and strongly told the wife how ignorant the commentators comments were and made clear exactly why sterling was well onside due to the presence of a defender off the fop, hence considered to be on his own goal line.

She sighed and said she didn't care.

:D

I'm amazed that this has even had to be discussed.

The ignorance as to the LotG from the majority of pundits is laughable.

I noticed this and strongly told the wife how ignorant the commentators comments were and made clear exactly why sterling was well onside due to the presence of a defender off the fop, hence considered to be on his own goal line.

She sighed and said she didn't care.

:D

:)

My other half also gets a little "tired" of me refereeing from the armchair!, but she is genuinely amazed that these "professionals" who are paid to do commentaries/analysis etc don't know the laws.

The commentators seem to have a better grasp of this season offside law changes than someone ire league assistants.. Shocker in the Newcastle game.

Was at St Marys on Saturday for Southampton vs Leicester thanks to a "prawn sandwich" invite. :D

No one appeared to pick up on it at the time, but judging by TV replays Southampton's 2nd goal was offside, as well as being a tad lucky.

Was at St Marys on Saturday for Southampton vs Leicester thanks to a "prawn sandwich" invite. :D

No one appeared to pick up on it at the time, but judging by TV replays Southampton's 2nd goal was offside, as well as being a tad lucky.
It was off side and it was picked up on MOTD

Well aware MOTD picked up on it, as I said TV replays!...

At the time (Not MOTD), none of the players appealed for it!

Back