A&H

Spare cards

Erm yes thats what he did? Which he would not have been able to do had he not had spare cards...

I think CapnBloodbeard means that it doesn't matter that a player has his yellow card, as he doesn't have his red card and that is what should be coming out once a player grabs a card off of a referee.

The Referee Store
A
I think CapnBloodbeard means that it doesn't matter that a player has his yellow card, as he doesn't have his red card and that is what should be coming out once a player grabs a card off of a referee.

Ah ok. As it happens this was a second yellow anyway and memory actually fades as to whether it was the yellow or red that the player snatched away, the point remains, Callum had another card handy to show. And apologises it was Bogariua, or something, not Dioufe. Although he also got dismissed..

Yellow in front right, red in back right and 2nd red in front left (only there for 2nd yellows). Notepad in top shirt pocket, which has a set of cards in as well that are never used but act as 'spares' and then pencil and pen in left shirt pocket, along with pencil that is in the notebook. 2 whistles on a lanyard on my right wrist along with a cheap Casio that stays running and then a Spintso on my left wrist.

One thing I have struggled with is what to use in wet weather. Notebook becomes soaked, match card along with it, pencil tears paper and can't write anything down. I have card skins so can do yellows and reds in the rain, but what do people use in wet weather?

You can buy normal write in the rain notebooks if you're happy not to have a referee specific one. Places like WH Smith etc normally have them, can be expensive compared to "normal" notebooks though

and you do the ref version of the hokey cokey checking your pockets numerous time just checking you have everything you need

One thing I have struggled with is what to use in wet weather. Notebook becomes soaked, match card along with it, pencil tears paper and can't write anything down. I have card skins so can do yellows and reds in the rain, but what do people use in wet weather?

Put your notebook in a shorts pocket. Rain less like to get in!

...I've done 55 games this season with the whistle (half of those short 7v7 tournaments) and last night, first RC. I haven't been avoiding, just hasn't come up - minor miracle.
Anyway, two YCs, both sliding from behind, same player on same player, both reckless and SPA, easy... what was nice... first time for the 1-2 yellow-red right-left front pockets technique. Very happy!

Back