A&H

SPA or DOGSO?

The Referee Store
Can i check you do know the orange team are attacking?
Clearly a covering defender, but my over riding issue is orange never has the ball and, its going even further away from him, but for the gk handling.
I reading your post am not sure you grasp the offence here is gk handling outside the box? I say this because you mention,the one committing the foul AND the gk, well, its the gk who committs the offence?
And then, Taking the fouling player out of the equation?

The ball at point of gk handling, is two yards away from orange, and going further away from him, but for the gk intervention.

Right, okay. For some reason I thought the defender was the one who got booked. It's a low quality video so I've had to half guess at what's happening. (I thought people were talking about the 2nd non-keeper defender as the covering defender). Okay, got that all sorts of wrong.

Okay, then I'm hopping to the other side of the fence. The attacker needs to be having a good chance of getting the ball pretty much uncontested for there to be an OGSO.

Here, given there's a defender in front of the attacker, if you took the GK out of the equation I'd argue the attacker still has less than a 50-50 chance of winning the ball. Attacker has to contest from an inferior position. There's absolutely no way that attacker has an OGSO. He's simply NOT going to win the ball.

Right, okay. For some reason I thought the defender was the one who got booked. It's a low quality video so I've had to half guess at what's happening. (I thought people were talking about the 2nd non-keeper defender as the covering defender). Okay, got that all sorts of wrong.

Okay, then I'm hopping to the other side of the fence. The attacker needs to be having a good chance of getting the ball pretty much uncontested for there to be an OGSO.

Here, given there's a defender in front of the attacker, if you took the GK out of the equation I'd argue the attacker still has less than a 50-50 chance of winning the ball. Attacker has to contest from an inferior position. There's absolutely no way that attacker has an OGSO. He's simply NOT going to win the ball.

Total agree.

Back