A&H

Sorry!!

The Referee Store
Very different.

One is match fixing to win bets such as deliberately losing i.e. financial gain and also has links to organised crime. The victims of spot fixing reach far and wide as the ordinary man who may have staked a bet is basically conned as he has no chance of winning.

One is cheating to gain an advantage in a competition.

1 is against the laws of the land and is dealt with via thr justice system 1 is a laws of game violation delat with via the regulatory system for that sport..

Ball tampering is akin to simulation in football. I just couldnt imagine a scenario where we locked up our best footballers for diving.. i know the existing punishments dont seem hardh enough but Jail?

I'm not saying jail time either but I was just highlighting only the small subtle difference! People do bet on cricket scores and results too, if games were being manipulated then the difference is not very much!!!

In hindsight, he strikes me as exactly the type of person to skirt the laws of the game. His conduct back when Stokes was done in for that 'handling' offence, didn't sit right with me anyway.

I admit my biases though, I dislike this Australian team. There is a fine line between arrogance and just being an unsporting arsehole, and this team pretty much crosses that line too often for my liking.

For me it falls in line with punishments handed out for simulation in football. I like that CA has taken a more dim view. Just couldnt see spurs banning heir star CAM for 12 months lol

I agree, cheating is cheating and to take no action, is akin to saying its ok
Think it was Strachen who said recently on an interview that there is no morals in football, all that matters is the three points

Smith and Warner always have been fairly dislike-able characters, so seeing them fall off their perch so spectacularly is somewhat amusing!

Never fails to amaze me that in this day and age given the amount of TV coverage and analysis that sports like Cricket and Football receive that players still think they can get away with such blatant cheating.

Warner comes across as the playground bully and Smith comes across as a puppy dog captain barking out Warners spiel. The South Africans have been very honourable sportsmen through this and they knew something was fishy. To P1ss off a whole SA nation before this incident was pretty spectacular, to do this you aren't going to find any friends world wide!!

The young batsman is pretty much caught in the crossfire of not having the b0llocks to say no!! Seems sponsors are leaving in their droves so it may cost them a few quid too....

Have they? It's believed the SA camera crew were tipped off to look for something that day. Wonder where that came from?
Absolutely, If you smell a rat don't blame the ones that found them out!!! They lied not only to the on field umpire but they lied in the after match interview too.... I wonder if they cheated in the Ashes too?? We may never know!!! They got reverse swing, we didn't, how did that happen???

What makes it even more sweet is it’s been widely publicised how disgusting & verbally abusive this current Aussie crop are, apparently some of the stuff said in the middle is beyond being able to repeat, also the minute a nation or player retaliated the Aussies played victim!

Bitter sweet or what..

As for punishment who cares there labelled for life & they’ve created there own legacy for there kids & grandkids to be proud of.

Have they? It's believed the SA camera crew were tipped off to look for something that day. Wonder where that came from?
There's very little honourable in the world of test and international cricket right now. These Australians may be a bad bunch and no one likes them but they ain't the first.

Back