A&H

Something you didn’t know

WalterPinkman

When you first started out and/or even now, what is one law that you didn’t even think of before becoming a ref?

Mine is quite simple, I didn’t even comprehend what happens if a goal kick is scored in the kicker’s own goal...

Corner of course😜

The Referee Store
Pissing in a swimming pool isn’t allowed at all! Especially off the top diving board apparently, that’s a straight red these days! Spoilsports!

Pissing in a swimming pool isn’t allowed at all! Especially off the top diving board apparently, that’s a straight red these days! Spoilsports!
I actually played in a league that had a mandatory red for relieving oneself in the bushes instead of making the long trek to the facilities . . . and I had a teammate sent off at half time for it . . .

I actually played in a league that had a mandatory red for relieving oneself in the bushes instead of making the long trek to the facilities . . . and I had a teammate sent off at half time for it . . .
Are the competition allowed to add in their own disciplinary actions?😜😂

Are the competition allowed to add in their own disciplinary actions?😜😂
They can add to the rules, in order to protect themselves from claims from people living close to the pitch. They can then say they have done everything they can, but if the referee didn't issue the RC they can't go back and do it. There only option is to disclipine the referee.

There used to be a football pitch on the RAF base at Brinbrook in Lincs. A player got cautioned in an inter-RAF match for doing this. As the pitch was next to the married officers quarters, not the most sensible thing to do. A wife of a senior officer told her husband, and though the chain of command, the offending player had FA caution against him and a RAF disclipinary hearing !

I'm not sure where this is covered in LOTG but this practice is far too common and accepted and needs to be discouraged. I have friends whose house backs on to a local park. They don't mind the noise, the ball coming into their garden or even the language up to a point. What they do have a problem with is the mass half time public urination especially as there is a children's play park adjacent to the football pitches.

They can add to the rules, in order to protect themselves from claims from people living close to the pitch. They can then say they have done everything they can, but if the referee didn't issue the RC they can't go back and do it. There only option is to disclipine the referee.

There used to be a football pitch on the RAF base at Brinbrook in Lincs. A player got cautioned in an inter-RAF match for doing this. As the pitch was next to the married officers quarters, not the most sensible thing to do. A wife of a senior officer told her husband, and though the chain of command, the offending player had FA caution against him and a RAF disclipinary hearing !
Interesting, wonder how the IFAB would look at that

I really don't think IFAB cares at all what rules are added in adult rec leagues . . . I now play in an adult co-ed rec league that bans all slide tackles and bans tackling a woman with the ball except in the attacking third--and I don't think IFAB cares about that, either . . .

I really don't think IFAB cares at all what rules are added in adult rec leagues . . . I now play in an adult co-ed rec league that bans all slide tackles and bans tackling a woman with the ball except in the attacking third--and I don't think IFAB cares about that, either . . .

does that really work?! no tackling women?

does that really work?! no tackling women?

It's a pretty low key league. To be eligible, you have to be an AYSO volunteer coach, ref, or administrator. We don't have a lot of women, many don't have much skill. They can be tackled if they are in the attacking third. It makes sure they can get touches, and the game still flows. (A few of the better women hate the rule.)

It's a pretty low key league. To be eligible, you have to be an AYSO volunteer coach, ref, or administrator. We don't have a lot of women, many don't have much skill. They can be tackled if they are in the attacking third. It makes sure they can get touches, and the game still flows. (A few of the better women hate the rule.)

fair enough, tbh they'd probably be better than me

I'm not sure where this is covered in LOTG but this practice is far too common and accepted and needs to be discouraged. I have friends whose house backs on to a local park. They don't mind the noise, the ball coming into their garden or even the language up to a point. What they do have a problem with is the mass half time public urination especially as there is a children's play park adjacent to the football pitches.
Offensive behaviour covers it.

As it is offensive to you.

Back