A&H

Some people just can't help themselves

jack.prescott

Work hard, stay humble
Level 6 Referee
Under 16 game yesterday morning, blue vs White, two teams that will inevitably be at the top of the table come the end of the season so everyone was expecting a closely contested game and it certainly didn't disappoint. White go 1-0 up before my first caution to blue centre back "are you blind ref" maybe pal, but I'm not deaf, have a yellow thank you. White go 2-0 up before half time with blue pulling it back to 2-2 with 10 minutes left. No real incidents of note so far but just had that feeling that something could happen, last minute blue corner is claimed by the keeper who sends a quick long ball up to the striker well inside the opponents half, sprint like mad to keep up and the striker is brought down in the penalty area, only a slight trip and he's heading away from goal so I awarded the penalty but felt it didn't warrant a caution. Blue left back wasn't best pleased with my decision "that's absolutely w**k ref" another caution for dissent. Penalty is scored and the game ends 3-2 to white. After the final whistle the keeper takes pop at me and earns a caution for dissent. As I'm walking to the car park after collecting my things he can't help himself "he was f*****g w**k" "we didn't lose because of them we lost because of him, he was s**t" so that earned him a misconduct report to go with the caution and fine.

Felt that overall I had quite a good game, blue's just weren't happy to be losing to a team they felt they should've beaten.

The Referee Store
And this was U16, is there a future for these players...
I suspect this was a Respect League, so you should consider reporting the club to the League as well. They may have something to say about breaching the Respect guidelines. At least some of the club have to attend a committee as "naughty boys"

I was seriously considering refereeing Youth football in the hope of escaping the deteriorating respect and constant dissent week in week out I receive from adult players and managers blaming me for anything they see fit or don't understand. After reading your post maybe it is simply time to give up.

I was seriously considering refereeing Youth football in the hope of escaping the deteriorating respect and constant dissent week in week out I receive from adult players and managers blaming me for anything they see fit or don't understand. After reading your post maybe it is simply time to give up.
At least with adult football, reports equals fines.

In junior football, the biggest problem is the parents. They think that their child is the next Rooney and is held back by bad refereeing, bad players, bad coaches - not that the kid has no skill/speed/ability. Football would be great without players, spectators or coaches just like work is great without customers, bosses or work colleagues.....

The league have been informed and reports have been sent in, certainly not happy that the keeper felt it was acceptable to carry on his rant in the car park. Frustration durning the game I can deal with by issuing a caution when it reaches a level that I feel is dissent but these continued verbals were something I certainly haven't experienced before.

Back